Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Top Dog

Wow, that GSD line up was weird. It's like they evolved into the set-up/stack. Maybe if they just let them stand normally, like other dogs, that would change.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Felurian

As for Filas . . .

This is Gigante de Jaguara, one of the more celebrated of the old Fila lines:

And here is Gamble, Kharma's sire:

The old, long gone Fila breeders would not, I think, scoff at Gamble.

Forte do Parque do Castello

Kharma

Kharma obviously has the advantage of superior nutrition, but the frame is the same

I feel very fortunate to have found Judy and Gary while Gamble was their sire -- and biggest baby, lol. The bone in his line is so true to the old dogs, temperament good, intelligence, herding instinct, protective, fearless and the pups out of dam Cagney all had extraordinary herding instincts. Kharma's brother, Oliver, last I heard, was a wonder. Her uncle Dempsey is a spectacular dog, as was her aunt Buffy.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

Kharma is so elegant !!! Can't wait to see her mate !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-18-2009, 01:21 PM
overdogged

pit bulls? do we even need to discuss it?
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Water Junkie

Wow, Kharma definitely looks like the older Fila's. Thats so cool!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I love the old 1940's- 60s show line shepherds (both american and german). You don't see that look much anymore at all.

Tell me about it. I loved the look of my GSD, but we lost her way too early

My aunt raised Shepherds on/off for nearly 40 years! The breed has been in my family from the early 30s until the late 80s - all the same bloodlines my aunt originally started breeding. Her Shepherds lived an average of 14+ years, which is unheard of today. They were protection dogs, not this sport dog carp in the breed today. Ugh. Those were some Shepherds ...

My great grandmother w/ the Shepherds - this would be early 1930s, some of the first sheps the family owned

Same dog as in pic above, also early '30s:

Major - This would be around '45, give or take

Not sure which dog, but this is 1975

And this is my GSD, September 2006, the last pic I have of her. She had good structure for a mainly working line GSD, but the tough of Am. and German show blood she had REALLY showed while she was gaiting. Sharp temperament but awesome dog

Last edited by HoundMusic; 04-18-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Puppy Dog

Also, I came across this one in some old family pics, this is probably late late 30s ... Boston Terrier

Old 04-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Felurian

Great pics, HM. You only see Sheps like that on farms where the farmers have been breeding their own working dogs for a long, long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Wow, Kharma definitely looks like the older Fila's. Thats so cool!
Thanks She really does. Judy and Gary put together some good breedings especially with Gamble.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Your Mom

I think for the Alapaha it depends on which way you follow the lineage. If you follow the lines from Lana's yard up here to these dogs I think there has been improvement and there CONTINUES to be improvement.

If you look at the dogs started out of CRK, I think they have drastically declined the structure, temperament, and overall feel for the breed. They are breeding for "looks" and personally I find those looks to be revolting and sad and full of health problems. These dogs are not built to perform, they're built to make money and look bad-ass. Now there is a breeder who is attempting to turn around some CRK stock into working dogs, but sadly I feel he is fighting an uphill battle.

When you're talking about a newer breed you can't look back 50 years and compare dogs. But I feel that with each litter that is being put on the ground up here we are greatly improving on the generations before in every aspect. Plus the consistency that we get can't be found from the CRK stock. As I've said before, I'm excited to be a part of this breed

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 04-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Salty Sea Dog

chis:
i dunno, i see a good domed head in the ring nowerdays but i do occaisonally see too much dome and i see preference for smaller and smaller dogs with a thinner structure and either not enough or too much dome...

cresties...
as far as i can tell cresties realy havent changed much, this seems to be the same with most of the primitive africans, like the basenji, theres realy not been too mcuh change, though i do like todays efforts to better tooth detention and powederpuffs are getting mroe ring recognition which during the early years of the breed being accepted puffers were culled/highly frowned uppon.
in terms of looks though...no real changes.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets