Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 08-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Top Dog

Default Backyard invader!

A couple of days ago, King's out by himself in the back yard. Molly's acting like a loon, and wouldn't go out. I was fixing dinner and I see King flying towards the back left corner of the yard. I look and due to the trees really needing to be trimmed, I can't see anything. I go to the door, and can hear a cat hissing and yelling, and King is ducking and King is ducking and weaving, trying to "get" the cat. I kind of doubt he wanted to hurt it, he wasn't upset or angry at all. Cats have always been a "toy" for him.

When I get out far enough, I can see that it's a really big black cat and he has it cornered and it looks like it's scared to death. I call King, but he's hypnotized by the cat and wants to play with it. Finally I try to catch King, that's pointless, but he finally screws up and comes up and sits for about a quarter of a sec or so, and I grab his collar and he instantly flails and about twists my fingers off, and gets loose.

The cat is really trying to slice King's face open, but he's missing all the swats, and the cat's getting tired. All of a sudden, I hear Molly flinging herself against the back screen door. All she needs to do is hit the latch and she's out. She WILL kill the cat, she has no use for them, and if anything with four legs is in HER yard, they will go down.

I have to make a move, if Molly gets out, the neighbor's cat will be a rag doll in a few seconds. She already killed one a few months ago, and only had one tiny scratch doing it. When I start walking up to the cat, I realize it's a neighbor's cat, so I gotta try to save him!

I grab King so he tries to bail out and keep away from me, and I figure that will give me a chance to grab the cat and toss him over the fence. Just as I do, and get scratched a couple of good ones, and Molly had crashed through the door and missed the action only by about 5 seconds or so. She was so devstated..She was on alert all day..
Old 08-19-2005, 04:25 PM
I W A L R

Good thing you saved him!

Once, we found a little black kitten that we have never seen around the parts or my our street before, so we took him in.We named him Thunder... we made FOUND signs and the neighbors saw it and knocked on our front door...We later found out they had just got the kitten and named it Lightning...I was devestated for having to say bye, but ill see Lightning around once in a while!
Old 08-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Love my pets

Wow, that cat was so glad you came to the rescue in time!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Keyozilla

wow that is...wow. good thing you saved the cat!

Meow.
Between the Rain Drops :: My graphics/personal website
Old 08-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Top Dog

I still haven't healed up all the way from the back claw rip I got as I saved it. I've seen the cat poking in the bushes in front of my house all week. I hope he learned his lesson and won't try to come back into the back yard. If Molly's out there, he's a goner.