Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Holy cow. How can someone have their litter graded and priced when they still all look like gerbils?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Boxer Buddy

Yes, white dogs...you can label pets, been there done that, what i am saying is literally you cannot grade the total quality of a litter before they are old enough to even open their eyes...

Yes, if there is a puppy with extra flash, watch it, but white on a boxer does shrink as the puppy grows, so don't throw the baby out with the bathwater on THAT ONE!
Halo's sister Ruby was extremely flashy at birth, more than i prefer now, but perfectly within standard....

So i have to go with a no on this one..you can have an idea of quality, but before the little buggers are even getting around...you pretty much look at head type...(in boxers) and that is going to change too!

S

Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire!

So, let's say I'm in the market for a good boxer.... what breeders do you guys recommend? Since, everyone has said what isn't allowed or who isn't good..... focus on the positive people!

Thanks to Sizzledog for le Siggy D'AWESOME!
Abusing Animals and Feeding CRAP since.... ALWAYS!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Top Dog

what do you want from your boxer? show dogs then go to a boxer only forum where showing is highly thought of. if you want no joke performance boxers for protection ask on the bandog board and they'll send you to a breeder in ontario who produces serious protection dogs that also happen to be more like the boxer of the 1930s in conformation. but you can see what i mean, a good quality of any breed is based entirely on perspective.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Boxer Buddy

yes focus on the positive, but what happens when the bad outweighs the positive...

If someone wants a true recommendation for good breeders, there are a ton of resources, and they can PM me to links for breeder listings...

S

Old 04-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Top Dog

My Pit mix Gus looked to be Golden Retriever colored, on the darker side, with white feet, chest, and muzzle, but he was actually a mix of colors that appeared to be "red". The individual hairs were light tan, with a brick red tip, on top. Under that coat, there was a lot of brindle, with swirls of very dark brown and light tan. I've never seen a coat like his before or since. I need to get my scanner set up, so I can post pics.

King looks black and white, but his eyebrows, white now, were actually very dark brown. Everywhere he was that dark brown is white, or turning white now. That includes places on his legs, neck, and the eyebrows. It's no shock, since mom was obviously a solid black Lab/Doberman mix.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Yeah. So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Eunice
AKC Black Boxer Champion Boxer Puppy For Sale In Texas Boxer Breeder Black Boxer Puppy

are the sites i was on , totally not anyone i would buy from but they got me curious!
That site made me a little sick. No health testing, they don't title their dogs and they still charge 1800...

OP - Vintage Boxers can point you in the right direction, run away from those folks above.

Oh, and howdy S!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Top Dog

And the sad thing is that people buy from them...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 AM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Off topic, but I LOVE mismarked labs!!! I would love a brindle lab or a mismarked yellow. I know that they're "mistakes" but I can't help but love them

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 04-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Boxer Buddy

Yeah, they are getting 1800 for unproven pedigrees with very....um...."unstandard" parents ....how does THAT work...but if i asked 2k for a puppy from health tested puppies from parents that were shown and maybe even finished...i would be "making money" lmfao

HI E!!!

S