Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Top Dog

That guy sounds like a super duper owner for Mike. It must be so hard to part with him but at least you have that confidence that he's happy and in a great home. It must have hurt though, when he didn't look back....in a way. On the other hand, that tells you he's not stressed about it. I'm sure he'll keep you updated on Mikey which will keep you in touch.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Just try me..

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) sometimes the right thing for the dog is the hardest thing for the people.

Ferret and Scandal were the VERY hard to give up. But while Ferret is thrilled to see me when she visits, she doesn't look back when its time to go home. And I have heard Scandal is doing very well in her new home. (hope to see her out this summer)
Old 04-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) sometimes the right thing for the dog is the hardest thing for the people.
That is the perfect way to put it.

I know it hurts but it sounds like he's gone to a fantastic home. I'm sure in no time those tears will be replaced with pride in how well he does in whatever venue his new owner chooses to use him in.

*hugs*

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Top Dog

Parting is such sweet sorrow-- W.S.

I am sorry for your sorrow but I have very happy you found such a good home for Mikey!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Thank you all. It is very hard. I thought more than once over the last several days that I can't stand this and I have to go get him and bring him back home, but that is selfish on my part.

In a couple of weeks I will get more used to him not being here, and I won't be so sad. Added to my sadness and stress level is that my old dog is not doing well at all. I expect she will be crossing the Bridge very soon. Not sure how soon, I am not really letting myself think about that. I am concentrating on enjoying the time that we have left with her. She does seem to be a tad better this morning, she was able to make it up the back steps on her own.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

oh Red I just saw this... I can't even imagine how hard it must be. It sounds like a wonderful home for him though.

I'm sorry for your girl...

I hope your next breeding will help get your mind of things... when is it scheduled for?

(((hugs)))
Old 04-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Felurian

((((((((((((((((((Good vibes)))))))))))))))))) to Miss Fenja. And to you, too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
swimming upstream

sounds like a good place for Mikey--as hard as it is for you to let him go, sounds like he will be well loved.
And I am sorry about Fenja. I am struggling with Trav--who is aging rapidly in front of me. Was afraid we were going to have to make a decision this week--but some meds have helped her out for now. It's rough. ((HUGS))
Old 04-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

Extra super good vibes for both Trav and Fenja. We need nothing but good news for a while!

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused