Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: How does your dog feel about trips to the vet?
Love 6 66.67%
Hate 2 22.22%
I do dog repair at home. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Puppy Dog

Unhappy Does your dog like or dislike trips to the veterinarian?

We have shared our lives with a number of dogs now, and about eighty percent of them enjoyed trips to the vet. But the twenty percent who did not enjoy it had very strong opinions on the matter, to the extent that we dreaded routine visits.

Sola does not mind visiting the vet, but she still manages to get us in to serious trouble every time we go.

How are your dogs at the vet?

Old 04-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Just try me..

there was a thread on this the other day... http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t96595/
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Felurian

My dogs have always tended to like the vet, even when he's done THINGS to them, lol. There's a moment of dread when they go back into the exam room, though, but that seems to be only with the animals who fit on the table. The ones who stay on the floor are a lot happier.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
My dogs have always tended to like the vet, even when he's done THINGS to them, lol. There's a moment of dread when they go back into the exam room, though, but that seems to be only with the animals who fit on the table. The ones who stay on the floor are a lot happier.
There is a lot of truth in that. The floor is dog's best friend at the vet
Old 04-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Water Junkie

Blaze does fine. I won't say he likes it, but we play games while waiting in the exam room so it helps him de-stress.

Lizzie just plain hates the man. No other way to put it.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM
just call me Nilly

People paying attention to her? It doesn't matter if they're sticking things into her and making her puke, so long as there are some pets and loving Sierra is happy.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 04-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Does your dog like or dislike trips to the veterinarian?
My dogs hate trips to the vet. They all love the vet, but hate the trip. They don't do well on car rides.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Boxer Buddy

hmmm....

Loki loves to jump on and off the table, does he like going to the vet...can't say that is true..but he doesn't hate it...

Halo doesn't care as long as they pet her

and Harry...lmao...well um ...he gets EXCITED to go to the vet.
He has been "collected" a few times and well he LOVES his vet..lmfao
In fact last time he was at this particular vet we talked in with his happy face on and even kissed the vet and the techs that were "helping" LMAO...the vet said next time they get to do dinner first!

LOL

So no, our dogs really don't have any issue with the vets office!

S

Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Boxers View Post
and Harry...lmao...well um ...he gets EXCITED to go to the vet.
He has been "collected" a few times and well he LOVES his vet..lmfao
In fact last time he was at this particular vet we talked in with his happy face on and even kissed the vet and the techs that were "helping" LMAO...the vet said next time they get to do dinner first!
LMAO I'll just bet he does love to see his vet

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

My dogs are good for the Vet, they don't get overly excited but they are calm and obedient while there. I am very proud as they were very bad when I first rescued them and were not easy for Vet's to handle or touch especially Beau my Dobe mix. I make sure I am happy to go, I make it fun and my body language calms them. I worked with them at being handled and desensitized them in a big way. My Vet has been able to do some procedures on my dogs that he has had to sedate most others for.

Now my Sister's Newf's are a Vet's dream to work with. The Vet removed a cyst from one of the Newf's (from her mouth) he was just amazed that she just sat there holding her mouth open. He had never been able to do something like that on an unsedated dog. LOL

It's funny as my Sister has taken 6 of our dogs in together for appointments and they are all so well behaved. She just has all them sit while one is being looked at. All her dogs past and present including mine have been excellent like this for her.