Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Boxer Buddy

well my crop vet doesn't ONLY crop puppies and on top of this stuff they are fighting anti- C/D in the state he is in. We travel to WI for our crops....
We band and do dews at home...but what of the breeder that wants a vet to do it?
So now i have to have a tailed boxer.....pass thanks!

I dunno i think it is more the opinion of a few dictating for the masses...since when did my choices for my dogs get taken away?

If they ban C/D i hope they ban other surgical procedures that aren't tech. necessary....lump removals...and such...same difference.

S

Old 04-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Sit! Good dog.

*is waiting for the s/n 'arguement' to make an appearence*
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
<----Thanks Allie

What's C/D?

I think that their stance is stupid for a multitude of reasons, and none of them have anything to do with agreeing that dogs should or shouldn't have them done.

1) Why does a vet need a 3rd party to tell them what they believe in? Can we not think for ourselves anymore?

2) How long till people have no control over anything anymore?

3) Wouldn't you want these sort of things being done at a vet where they're trained and everything is clean?

I don't really see it being much of a problem though, unless it becomes Illegal. No matter how you look at problems, they all boil down to Money.

If some vets stop doing it bc of this, others will continue to do it, and they'll have more business and likely charge more too. So the one group of vets will loose money, while the other will start making 2x or more.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
vets wont crop or dock but they will continue to reccomend Purina and Hill's Food

Hopefully good breeders will have alternatives.
And unnecessary spay/neuter and pediatric spay/neuter and yearly vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
What's C/D?
Crop/Dock

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I was gonna anyway before I saw your post.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
And I am fine if a vet decides they don't want to do those either. But I feel that vets should make up their own minds.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyZooCrew View Post
I'm not in agreement with cropping or docking, so I agree with their position. And gladly, I have a vet that rarely does those procedures, and has said before that he will eventually quit doing them all together.
Its not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. You want non docked JRTs down holes? Really?

But its that this is going to hurt the puppies in the long run. People who don't feel confident (so shouldn't dock) will now be doing it their self at home. How does that help dogs? How does that stop the amount of puppies docked? It doesn't.

A great example of how animal rights looks to be doing something 'good' that actually makes no difference or actually causes more harm to animals.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh, it's *you*

I'd assume Dekka that they simply would make at home d/c/d illegal...a "crime" so people would stop doing that as well. Incrementalism...

Usually it's done in reverse..make it illegal to do at home THEN get vets under the pressure to not provide the service...but in this case they simply aren't having the luck they've had cowing the people HERE the way they have in the UK etc into giving away their rights to choose...so they are using roundabout methods to accomplish the same goals.

It's amazing and scary the power the AR's have in other countries. Thusfar the basic premise that Americans have rights that are not up for grabs has protected us from much of that..but it too now is being worn down little by little.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Boxers View Post

If they ban C/D i hope they ban other surgical procedures that aren't tech. necessary....lump removals...and such...same difference.

S
So the removal of a possibly cancerous lump for biopsy is the same as cropping a dog's ears so that it can look like the breed standard? Really?

I hope that you are speaking in anger, and that you *really* don't hope that dogs who possibly have cancer don't get their cancer diagnosed because you couldn't have your dogs' ears and tails done.....

....because that's just sad and chilling....

I am not a fan of anti- crop and dock laws but it is extremist argments like the above that do *nothing* to help the cause.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
So the removal of a possibly cancerous lump for biopsy is the same as cropping a dog's ears so that it can look like the breed standard? Really?

I hope that you are speaking in anger, and that you *really* don't hope that dogs who possibly have cancer don't get their cancer diagnosed because you couldn't have your dogs' ears and tails done.....

....because that's just sad and chilling....

I am not a fan of anti- crop and dock laws but it is extremist argments like the above that do *nothing* to help the cause.
I think she was referring to non malignant lumps. So if its biopsied an its found to be non cancerous it should be left...

HBH>> that is what MP and I were saying. Why do it this way... how is forcing it 'underground' first in anyway helping dogs?