Why is her hair so short?? She's 6 months!

PocoPancho

I have the cutest puppy ever...she's 6 months and supposedly a shitzu maltese mix...but her hair is short!! She has NEVER had a haircut! I bought her from a vet when she was only a month and a half old and he swears up and down that she's a shitzu maltese mix but don't they all have long hair??

He also said she still has her "puppy coat" but I thought by this time she would've grown out of it. hmmm....

If she's a different breed I would love her all the same and I don't care if her hair stays short but I'm sooo curious to know what breed she might be if she's NOT what the vet says.

Any ideas??

At 6 weeks

at 6 months...still tiny!!

jrk

Idk why she's still short. My Shih tzu was much longer than that at 3 months. She's adorable though!

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
I would guess she is mixed with something that has a shorter coat.

Short Coated Chi?

But she is cute!

bubbatd

No clue !!! I don't know small breeds that well ! But eyes say Chi .

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Not that any 2 dogs of a mix are alike.. but the pup looks nothing like anything I can find in google images for a shitzu/maltese cross.

Absolutely adorable.. reminds me a little of a peke/chihuahua maybe.

F

FluffyZooCrew

Cute pup! I don't see shih tzu or maltese in her. I've never seen a solid black shih tzu... and I think maltese only come in solid white.

She's a cutie pie though!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
my guess...
long haired chi x pug
or
chi x peke
shitzu mix is a possibility but i dont see maltese at all
...im also a little concerned that the vet let you take her home at such a young age...even orphans should be kept with their littermates for as long as possible...

as for coat, at 6 weeks her coat looks normal for many mixed breeds, they tend to be short fluffy...if its a long haired chi, dont expect a long coat to come in untill the dog turns 6-8 months and even then it can take 3 yrs same with peke...

shes sure cute though.

yassy

I think eyes look like chihuahua and like others say,I do not see Shitzu or maltese look..but cute!

Members online

No members online now.