Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Yorkie Love

Name: Cali
Type of critter: Cat
A bit of a bio: A vet rescue... former vet used to take in cats and rehab and adopt them out. Someone had dumped her outside, she was malnourished and very nervous. Someone took her home, decided she hid too much after 1 day (way to give her a chance to adjust), crated her for a couple of days and then returned her. It took awhile to get her to like people and even now she really only likes her people... she is happy and no longer malnourished, the pic is old but she is actually waay overweight now and we are working on that.
Photo:
showing off her "cattitude"

sleeping in a sweatshirt her favorite thing

Name: Jingles
Type of critter: Cat
A bit of a bio: "Jing" was my first animal, we got her when I was 5. She is very healthy for an 18 year old, has a mild thyroid issue but I plan to have her around awhile more! She was a tempermental cat as a youngin but now all she wants is some love and she has turned really sweet. She is a humane society kitty.
Photo:
Jingles is the larger cat in this pic... that is Cali as a baby.

Name: Sweetie
Type of critter:Cat
A bit of a bio: Sweetie was originally rescued from the humane society about 9 months after Jingles in order to be her friend. Well they never became friends and have basically co existed for 17 years in the house without killing each other but also without ever loving each other. Sweetie was very skiddish as a baby but she is very sweet and loving now. She has a mild kidney issue but otherwise is very healthy for her age as well. She had a lot of health problems throughout her life and I am so happy to say she is still here. She had a major infection at about 10 that she needed antibiotics for 2 months to cure. She also had a sarcoma successfully removed at 14.
Photo:
Here she is giving me kisses.

Jingles and Sweetie live with my parents... they were family pets growing up but obviously I couldnt take them when I moved. However, since they have been around almost as long as I can remember I consider them mine still.

Cali I got in college because I didnt do well as a non pet household. She moved home with me between College and law school and stayed with my parents for my first year of law school but she is back with me now.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Name: Wicked
Type of critter: Tortie Cat
A bit of a bio: Got Wicked from the shelter when she was just a kitten. She was my first cat in a long time. And of course I had to go out and get her when I was on crutches lol. She is the queen bitch of the house. All the rest of the animals kneel two her wrath lol.
Photo:

Name: Smidgeon
Type of critter: Tabby Cat
A bit of a bio: Smidgeon was 4 weeks old when he was tossed out a car window in front of my house. He was so tiny he could fit in the palm of my hand. He loved to perch on my shoulder and ride around the house when he was so tiny. He has grown up to be one of our bigger cats. He is the clown of the bunch. Always goofing off and getting into weird situations. He is also my drooler and talker.
Photo:

Name: Quincy
Type of critter: Persian Cat
A bit of a bio: Quincy originally belonged to my uncle who thought he would try and be a cat person. Unfortunatly after declawing the cat to save his furniture he decided the hair was too much and he no longer wanted the cat. So he called me up knowing im animal lover to see if I wanted Quincy and if I didn't he was just going to take him to the country (high kill rate) pound. So of course I took him. And changed his name from that embarrising Snowball lol. Quincy is the mellow dude in the house (unless you try to groom him then he turns into the devil). He is the only one that when pushed can put Wicked in her place. But usually he could care less and just wants to nap and cuddle all day lol.
Photo:

Name: Emmett
Type of critter: White and tabby Cat
A bit of a bio: I adopted Emmett this past summer. He had been at the rescue for over a year. He was always looked over and im not sure why. As he is a very handsome big boy. He is alot like Quincy as he is really laid back most of the time. He is also a major lover. He has been known to give random kisses with a head butt lol. He does get on Wickeds last nerve by doing nothing at all. Its actually pretty funny how they interact. She seems to amuse him as well lol. He is a very cool cat.
Photo:

I'll post the horses later
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Wookie Collie

Name: Palom
Type of critter: Ferret (chocolate sable mitt)
A bit of a bio: These two came to me as almost newborns from a rescue, in a larger group of ferrets. I chose Palom because he was VERY dark as a baby, and only wanted to cuddle in my arms. He's like that to this day, but he's a bit lighter-coloured and has grown to be the fattest ferret in the universe.
Photo:

Name:Porom
Type of critter: Ferret (DEW black roan)
A bit of a bio: These two came to me as almost newborns from a rescue, in a larger group of ferrets. The first thing this little girl did was pull the glasses off of my face. I loved her spunk. Even now, she's a ham, and is extremely observant of her surroundings. She is also deaf, which is common in predominantly white ferrets.
Photo:

Name: Yuffie
Type of critter: Chinchilla (standard/piebald)
A bit of a bio: A friend's chinchilla had kits, and he wanted a small mammal pet, so Yuffie came into our life. She's very easily handled, loves people, and squawks at Finnegan when he gets too close (TOO funny). She just recently survived a bad respitory infection. I believe she's a chinchilla superhero.
Photo:

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 04-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Puppy Dog

Oh I love your chinchilla! I have three I will post all my critters next week. This weekend will be a big picture taking weekend. I have 3 chinchillas, 2 sugar gliders, 3 cats, 1 leopard gheco, and 2 frogs. so I will have a lot of posting to do lol
Old 04-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

My babies! And the reason i will get very defensive and try to educate those who live feed these Amazing creatures to frogs, snakes.. etc.
Names: Jessie, Willis and Tinkerbelle
Type of critter : Albino Mice
Bio: These three were ussed for breeding for the first 2 years of their lives, producing food for snakes. They were doomed to become Snake food when they were no longer "useful" And by that, i mean the females stop producing, and willis wasnt the best "stud". I had to save them, Because not only were they going to be Snake food, But were going to be fed to a snake, ALIVE Which does not only stress these poor babies out for the last moment of their lives, But it is dangerous for the snake. Anyways, They arre old for mice, Normal life span is 3 years, these are 4. They Are so full of personality, I cant imagine feeding ANY mice to a snake that is alive, its cruel and Unnesacary in most cases.. And they Are SOOOO smart.. They actualy helped me get 2nd in a science fair last year, I did my project on the inteligance of mice.

Photo:

Oh, And this pic was taken over a year ago, I have seen the light and now Know how dangerous using Shavings can be for the small furry critters . As i Lost one of my babies last year because of the shavings. (Shes not in the picture though)
Old 04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Is that a baby mouse I see?
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 04-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieSticksandTricks View Post
Is that a baby mouse I see?
Yes it is, they werent supposed to be able to get pregnant, or at least thats what i was told, can you imagine my surprise when i woke up and found babies!

Didnt realize this was a pic with babies or i would have added their profiles.. I kept them all for a few motnhs and found good homes for them...
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Then what about the poor snakes? Are they suppose to eat veggies?

It's a fact of life... small creatures get eaten by bigger creatures.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Then what about the poor snakes? Are they suppose to eat veggies?

It's a fact of life... small creatures get eaten by bigger creatures.

Prekilled.. Humanly killed mice can be fed to snakes.

But live feeding? Common.. Since when is it a fact of life to just throw a small aimal into a glass tank and let the bigger animals eat it. I could understand it if you let them both go out in your garden and see which one "wins" .. But that would be just as cruel.
My dog has to eat meat to survive, but i dont take a Live pig and let it run around my back yard for my dog to catch and eat it.

Plus i have heard many horror stories about the mice hurting the snakes..
Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

Name: Mohawk
Type of critter: Dwarf hamster
Bio: I got Mohawk (named for the ridge on his back) about 6 months before I got married. My landlord at the time was completely anti-pets, but I was DYING being without an animal. I finally convinced my husband (fiance at the time) that he would like a hamster at his place, and that I would take care of it. I ended up being right on both accounts Zach and Mo bonded, and we became a happy little family. Hehehe.

Mohawk is super sweet and nice, probably since he was never squeezed and abused by any over eager children. He's a speedy little guy in his ball, and is amazingly hearty considering Lucy is constantly trying to eat him!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG