Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Talking Playing childrens games with dogs.

Does anyone else play games with their dogs that any 3 year old would enjoy?

I realised today that I often treat Bodhi like a 3 year old child... and she LOVES it!

I came in from work today, and Bodhi came across to wiggle at me, and I played the "where's Bodhi" game.... like you do with a kid... pretend not to see them and go look for them LOL

So I was walking about the house, looking under the table, in her bed calling Booodhi where are you... and she was right behind me the whole time, trying to get into view like "HERE, I'M HEEERE!!!"... so eventually I said... oooh there you are! And she was like an ecstatic toddler.

I also play hide and seek with her.... run up stairs and hide till she finds me (this works outdoors too)....

And one of my favourites is go ahead of her.. or let her run ahead of me and hang behind - hide.. then when she comes looking for me, jump out and make her jump

LOL... She is like a kid. She loves it.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
woop

That's so cute!

Pit wouldn't get it. The only non-dog game I can really play with Pit is a baby game where you coo and tickle them a little. He eats that up. I've tried hiding on him on walks when he doddles off, but as soon as he looks up and sees I'm not there, he BOLTS back in the direction we came from with his tail tucked. If I'm not within a few hundred feet of where he lost me, he typically takes off like a mad man in a random direction, gets himself lost and will not stop running until I find him. Not a fun game for eitehr of us
Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Big Dog

Sadie and I play hide and seek all the time

-Jessica, Reed (10/09) & Sadie (02/08)
Read all about Reed's adventures in our blog: Reed the WHV
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Eeeee run after the fleeing dog isn't a game I'd like.... I played 'hide behind the big bush' the other day, Bo came running up one side, so I ran the opposite way round it... I peeked round and she was just coming out the woods looking for me... lol.. all confused.. she thought I might hide behind a tree I guess!!! I felt guilty so jumped out to suprise her LOL

1st time I ever played hide and seek was when she was a pup, in the sand dunes on the beach.... My ex held her, and I ran off (not far) and hid behind a dune.... he let go and she BELTED after me... went right past and kept on going for ages...

I was laughing so hard I couldn't call her back LOL!! Bless her....
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

HIde and seek is a great game for reinforcing recall as well. I did that with Pepper. THey knew i had a treat (a really really good one) and who ever found me first was the one that got it. Pepper was delighted with this game.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 04-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

We have our " supper time " game .... I pretend I can't find Ollie's bowl ,,,, then his food ....etc and he helps me find them . There's no fool like an old fool !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Sit! Good dog.

LOL - sounds just like our games

Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Yorkie Love

I do the "where are you" game.

The poodles will bark at us after awhile... Armani will go lay somewhere, I dont think he gets it.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

OH yes I played hide and seek with teddy ALL the time lol and he LOVED it. I do it sometimes with Beezer and Belle when we first come home because they will always look for me but otherwise... they don't really care where I am so they don't come look lol.

As a reverse roll though... sometimes we play fetch with hannah lol. and she's better at it then the dogs

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney