Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 04-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

It's probable that the smell has permeated into the hardwood floor underneath the carpet as well. It might help to pull up the carpet, but it probably won't completely solve the problem. Like I said on the other thread, you could try feeding him meals in that spot. I'd also suggest keeping him away from that spot - as long as you're supervising him closely, you can see when he's particularly interested in that spot and then run him outside to potty before he goes inside.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Big Dog

Val is being a very bad and defiant puppy!! He is peeing in the house and he knows better. He was defiant with my hub this morning and he went back into his crate and into the kitchen.....and then outside again and peed and came back in the house and peed at the same spot. I had to drag him out from under the coffee table! He was smiling and laughing with his Aussie smile! I know you wouldn't believe that this dog is doing this "on purpose", but he has a purpose and I think he wants to be the alpha male of the house. Boy dogs are badder than the girls!

He had his breakfast at the spot and it made no difference. I even laid down two large pieces of kydex thermoplastic over the spot and he is peeing half on the plastic and half on the carpet!

He is back in his crate and then he goes back into the kitchen. No living room for Val today!

Good thing he has a vet appt., for his shots today, anyway! I will certainly discuss this problem with the vet!!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Big Dog

Dang.....Val poo'd on the floor inside, just after I'd taken the little critter outside. He was almost flawless yesterday.

Back to the drawing board.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Water Junkie

Like others suggested, get the umbrella out and go stand in the rain for a while!

Honestly, if you catch him IN THE ACT, there is nothing wrong with correcting him for it.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Big Dog

He has trouble with things tonite; we had terrible thunderstorms and heavy rain.....I couldn't expect the puppy to be able to hold it during the storms and he didn't; eh, tomrrow is another day!