Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
their dogs are beautiful i would like to visit and know where all these dogs are, they all look healthy and beautiful but their are 17 adult dogs in total..

as for the puppies, CUTE!! plus i love the puppy pack that comes with them talk about goodies!
Actually they have 8 dogs (if you read the site.. they list dogs who are dead and those living with others) Of those 8 at least 2 are to young to breed.

I have 6 dogs am I a mill? lol.

People should look at sites before lambasting breeders. Chaz comes up high in google searches. You don't want to bash a good breeder just because you only skimmed the pages.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

what a nice site... I never knew the origins on the breed.

Very interesting!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

I also liked the fact that they touched on brb and the commitment it takes to be a responsible breeder etc.

Agreed, if the site is read, there isn`t a lot of dogs there and they only have one litter for 2009 with the possiblity of another one this year. That is hardly someone that is producing a lot of dogs. Its clear they are into producing quality over quanitity which is awesome considering how much the health test and prove the dogs.
The only thing that I would want to see more is working and performance, but that would be for me and what I would want to do with the dog. As their focus seems to be conformation and bench showing, lol and everyone knows how I feel about that lol.

Agreed not a mill or brb on any level.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Twin 2.0

I am wondering one on thing though. Many of the ACD histories I've read have listed the Bull Terrier (or some variation) in the breed history, which gives credence to the hardness and rather proponent DA tendency of the breed. They've left that out, wish I knew their sources! Not that it makes a difference in the breeding reputability, but just something I wonder.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Water Junkie

I guess I'll be the only one to say I don't like the breeder

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Twin 2.0

Why so? I wish they worked their dogs more but they're not horrible.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Water Junkie

Why settle for less? I'm sure there are plenty of ACD breeders who strive to mantain the original breed.

Just my opinion, of course. If I'm getting a pup from a breeder, I want the best and most true of that breed.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Actually they have 8 dogs (if you read the site.. they list dogs who are dead and those living with others) Of those 8 at least 2 are to young to breed.

I have 6 dogs am I a mill? lol.

People should look at sites before lambasting breeders. Chaz comes up high in google searches. You don't want to bash a good breeder just because you only skimmed the pages.
i corrected myself right after i made that post, i noticed AFTER i made it that all the dogs were not living @ the breeders.. my bad
and no, i was in NO WAY saying this place was a mill. A breeder can have 30 dogs for all I care, i was just suggesting a visit.. same as i would with ANY breeder. Im sorry if it sounded that way, but i wasnt bashing. i usually dont call millers dogs beautiful and healthy
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Why settle for less? I'm sure there are plenty of ACD breeders who strive to mantain the original breed.

Just my opinion, of course. If I'm getting a pup from a breeder, I want the best and most true of that breed.
Around here there are NOT many ACD breeders. And they do do some stuff. I have met the dogs and really like them. They do more about at least trying their breeding stock on animals than most other decent ACD breeders around.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post

Not disagreeing with you in the slightest. I guess I've just been jaded by all the sh*tty websites I've come across lately. Yes, I wish they did more with their dogs than pranced them around the show ring and showed them a sheep, but they at least have a decent health guarantee and don't cater to stupidity like some of the other ACD breeders (won't name names) I've come across.

I've looked at this breed quite a bit as it was suggested to me that I get an ACD over an Aussie a couple of times, but I love the Aussies and wouldn't switch for anything!