Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Talk about the ultimate rottie therapy, griffin :) (he needs a home)

I went back to the shelter, just to make check on a couple of older senior dogs and bring them some beds/towels to lay on (their are no beds in the kennels and alot of them have arthritis)
And i saw what JUST came in, right in front of the "surrender your dog" area, was a dog tied to the pole.. not very uncommon for people who dont want to make the effort of coming in and filling out a form... there were NO other volunteers around so i went up slowly, and he was doing a wiggle butt dance, so i said hello and grabbed his leash and walked him around. I put him into a kennel, signed him in, took his picture, and put a towel in there with him. He is the sweetest dog but hasnt gotten much adoption interest.. Lots of people look at him because he is a BEAUTIFUL rottie, but then they notice that lovely thing hanging off his behind.. his tail so they decline. hes not a mix, he just has a tail

For those who dont know, i was bitten by a rottie. But griffin is such a sweety its hard to resist him. I still cant really DO alot because of the stitches on the back of my leg, but i like to visit the shelter and just drop of beds, give some treats, or atleast bathe some of the little easier to handle dogs.

isnt he a cutie? if i could have another dog, he would be MINE.

Im still a bit scared of rotties at the shelter, and i still catch myself taking a few steps back. but griffin has managed to wiggle his butt into my heart

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Felurian

Awww . . . poor guy! He looks like such a happy dog.

Are those blue spots on his tongue?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Cute guy! He still kinda has a puppy-ish face, maybe that helped win you over. Either way, he does look like good "therapy"!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

Karma .... he's there for a reason and was meant to meet you .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
My house is a zoo

Awww, what a sweet looking guy. Hope he finds a new home soon!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Squishy22

OMG, he looks just like the rottie I had years ago. He looks like a lot of fun. Hope he finds an amazing home. Cant people appreciate a dog by its personality and temperament instead of "cosmetic" things now days? What a shame.

He could possibly be a mix. There could be another breed somewhere down the line.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
OMG, he looks just like the rottie I had years ago. He looks like a lot of fun. Hope he finds an amazing home. Cant people appreciate a dog by its personality and temperament instead of "cosmetic" things now days? What a shame.

He could possibly be a mix. There could be another breed somewhere down the line.
yaa the more i look at this picture, the more I see it. maybe he is a mix, i still emailed rottie rescue, so my fingers are crossed
ya, those are black/blue spots on his tongue they are soo cute

yaa.. people are soo "aww hes so handsome" and then they see the tail and they are totally turned off by it for some reason lol i dont rly pay attention to tails, either they are there or they arent

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.