Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Salty Sea Dog

oh heavens yeah, the bed issue, i like the dogs to sleep with me (the bf doesnt) but when i had the boxer or dane (both fosters) there was never enough room for me! with the little guys i can have 2 chis and 2 cresites in a twin bed and still have room lol (nothing tgives off heat like nekkid dogs lol, little jasper is a little furnace)

not to mention when crate training your dogs, those dog crates can be huge, anything over 24" to me is like gah whered my livingroom go.

i will own my big dane one day...but right now im happy with my little monkies...

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 04-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

I love both. I always had big dogs while growing up, and three small dogs now - due to space restrain when I first got them - otherwise I would have FOUR dogs by now, 3 small ones & 1 big one!!

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Big dogs; I've had a few small dogs, but I've always perfered big dogs. I'm always afraid of stepping on a small dog, or something. I really love bigs dogs, compared to smaller dogs.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:42 PM
overdogged

i'm mostly a medium breed person, though there are large breeds i like (greyhounds, dobes) and small breeds i like (mini poodles, cresties). i am uncomfortable with owning a dog larger than i can lift in an emergency, though.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Yorkie Love

Small Dogs Only.

I want them to be portable and be able to take them with me when need be. That involves them sitting under an airplane seat or going to a hotel easily... many have weight limits.

I dont like slobber.

I dont want to be jumped on and pushed over.

I dont want their paws on my shoulders.

I dont want people to run in the opposite direction thinking the dog will eat them.

I dont like loud barking.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
I dont like loud barking.
I think the worst/loudest barkers I have ever had have been small dogs. Just certain individual dogs have the most god awful barks ever. I just seem to be able to pick dogs with the most annoying sounding barks well. Nikki could shatter glass and Summer could bust your eardrum. Summer's bark is probably the worst dog bark I've ever heard in my life. There have been a couple times she's really close to my ear and barked and I literally couldn't hear at all for a few seconds afterwards. Her bark is painful.

I still love her though. I do hope third time's the charm and my next dog has a bearable bark. O.o
Old 04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

I really don't have a preference size wise. I have had a Great Dane in the past who I loved and at the same time the family had a toy Poodle who I loved just as much. As for small breeds not having stamina for hikes. It depends on the breeds. The poodle I grew up with could go and go and go when we would take the horses on trail rides. And my Spaniel (though she is more medium than small) can go and go as well. Where as the Great Dane I grew up with prefered being inside or sun bathing in the yard let alone going for a hike.

I do love my Lab because he is closer to reach for lol. He is very fun to cuddle and nap with because yes he does make a good pillow. And I also love how solid he is.

I think the biggest plus to owning a "smaller" breed is they are easier to travel with. As in they don't take up much space in the car. Which is why Maggie May has been able to travel with me a bit more than Sawyer.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

I'm a medium dog person. Any dog I own needs to be large enough to not be too breakable for the barn, but small enough to travel easily everywhere and be able to be picked up if needed. Meg fits the bill perfectly at 36 lbs. Really, anything in the 25 - 50 lb range is ideal for me.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
My house is a zoo

I love both, but prefer medium-large sized dogs. I want my dogs to be able to be outside a lot, "helping" with barn chores, going on trail rides, etc. I also like the security of a larger dog. I'll probably always have at least one of each though.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

I like a lot of small dogs, but all of the breeds that appeal to me both appearance and temperament wise that I want to own vary from medium to extra large.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]