Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Just try me..

This is reputable media. At least as reputable as media gets for the most part.

The one I was witnessed to (a girl that a friend of mine baby sat was killed by the neighbours mastiff. It was reported as Pit Bull Kills Child. It was much better news source than say faux news lol.

The thing is most people can't tell a pit bull from many other breeds. AND news papers are in the business of selling news papers. Pit Bull bites sells more papers than Lab Bites. A sad but true fact.

Anyway why would you come into a nice thread like this just to stir up people and say silly things (like reputable media.. if that isn't a contradiction in terms I don't know what is)

Out of curiosity what is your idea of reputable media? Do you know how stories work and what the associated press is?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 AM
overdogged

can you identify the pit bull?

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull
findpitbull_v4
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Not a lurker

Yeah, reputable media...uhm, oxymoron much?

The media reports anything that gets reader/viewer attention. I'll tell you a little secret. When my husband was deployed a few years ago their base was attacked with a mortar. The media didn't report it for 3 weeks (I was on the phone with him when it happened and heard it all and he called me back later to tell me what was going on) and when they reported it, it was nothing similar to what my husband, standing 20 feet away from the explosion, said. When they reported it, they said it had happened "yesterday" - sure, if yesterday constitutes 3 weeks ago.

It was on all the major news channels, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC etc...not a single one of them had anything close to what happened. WHy was that? Because what really happened wasn't that interesting, a mortar was lobbed onto the mess hall (hubby worked in the mess hall) and it didn't go off, nobody was killed thankfully.

You say reputable media, I say there's no such thing. Media is just government puppets to keep the peace or rile up the general public...whichever suits them that day.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
This is reputable media. At least as reputable as media gets for the most part.

The one I was witnessed to (a girl that a friend of mine baby sat was killed by the neighbours mastiff. It was reported as Pit Bull Kills Child. It was much better news source than say faux news lol.

The thing is most people can't tell a pit bull from many other breeds. AND news papers are in the business of selling news papers. Pit Bull bites sells more papers than Lab Bites. A sad but true fact.

Anyway why would you come into a nice thread like this just to stir up people and say silly things (like reputable media.. if that isn't a contradiction in terms I don't know what is)

Out of curiosity what is your idea of reputable media? Do you know how stories work and what the associated press is?
This is sadly true.

When there was the case of the woman in France who got the face transplant due to her dog ripping her face off it took *forever* for it to come out what kind of dogs did it. Turns out it was a lab, but that was not reported right away. After it was reported the "reputable media" suggested that the lab was actually just trying to wake his owner up and managed to literally rip the lower half of her face off in the process accidentally.

Right I guess I should be thankful that my lab tries a few other methods to get me out of bed before he goes straight to the face-ripping-off option.

If that were a pit bull I''l give you 2 guesses as to how fast the dog's breed would have made headlines.

The fact is that most people (as in witnesses to dog attacks) have no idea what dog breeds are what when they are in a normal situation, much less a stressful and scary one. For years my mother was convinced that Sally, the dog in my avatar, was a rottie--to the extent that she bought us rottie playing cards for Christmas on year because it "had Sally on it." Sally is 55 lbs, and if you cannot tell from the pic, brindle--nowhere near what a rottie looks like. A good number of people who have met her actually think she is a boxer.

Jack, the dog in my siggy, has been IDed as a rot/lab mix (he is all lab) by a dog OWNER at the dog park. Jack is also not very big--only about 60 lbs and not even the color of a rottie.

Honestly, most people I run into wouldn't know a pit bull if it walked up and licked them in the face.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post

findpitbull_v4
man that thing is well done...I still can't get it first try.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post

findpitbull_v4
Proud to say I got it in 1. Found the Fila in 1, too, lol! Wonder why?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Proud to say I got it in 1.
me too, on both of them