Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-30-2009, 01:57 PM
FluffyZooCrew

Default A Canis Panther?

I found this site while browsing the net... Lori Berg's Canis Panther

That video is.... :facepalm:

It looks like an aggressive great dane/pit bull mix.

Is this like a new bully breed or something? Never heard of them before.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:07 PM
<----Thanks Allie

so apparently my computer hates that sites... it's loading HORRIBLY. From what I can see she has a few different breeds that she sells... the dog in the video(which is very bad quality) almost looks like a very bulky doberman to me. But, you can't really see it clearly.

In anycase, I feel bad for those dogs...
Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I have heard of this, they've been around a while.

Canis Panther Information and Pictures, Canis Panthers

Quote:
This breed was developed in the USA in the 1970s by Mr. Cleotha " Scorpio " Jones, Mr. Michael Stratten, and Mr. Lucas Lopez by using the Black Great Dane, Black Labrador, Doberman Pinscher, and the Staffordshire Terrier. Today the Canis Panther breeds true. We have established bloodlines and multi-generation pedigrees.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 PM
FluffyZooCrew

She has a link for german shepherds and american bulldogs, but the site is mainly about that... 'breed'.

The site claims she owns a kennel called Rock Of Ages Kennel, and is "Home To The Canis Panther". The site says this:

Invest in a Canis Panther, Stop your fear of a predator trying to take away your life, your family, the things you work so hard for. The last thing a criminal wants to come up against is a dog , everyone is psychologically afraid of being bitten by a dog, the bark alone has scared off many of intruders.

Crime Staticics:

As the economy goes down, crime goes up. Tuff Times call for a tuff dog, bred for your family's protection. Innocent people are being robbed, raped, assaulted, murdered, battered, shot, stabbed and maimed.

Fact:

There have been no burglaries in a home where a Canis Panther resides.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:27 PM
FluffyZooCrew

So.... they're not a breed, but rather a mix breed bred for protection? That's what I'm getting from reading around now...
Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Sit! Good dog.

They apparently breed true, so would be considered a breed in their own right.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Taken from the site Dizzy posted
Quote:
This breed was developed in the USA in the 1970s by Mr. Cleotha " Scorpio " Jones, Mr. Michael Stratten, and Mr. Lucas Lopez by using the Black Great Dane, Black Labrador, Doberman Pinscher, and the Staffordshire Terrier. Today the Canis Panther breeds true. We have established bloodlines and multi-generation pedigrees.
...... I still feel bad for the dogs...
Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
FluffyZooCrew

I feel bad for them too... from what I'm reading, they were basically created to be aggressive to anything outside of their family. And even inside of their family, they require extensive socialization and training, so that they don't become aggressive with members of the household.

Isn't that creating a dog that's prone to being... unstable? They're bred for their aggressiveness, it looks like. The first thing on that website is a video of one being aggressive and going ape-poop through a fence.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Twin 2.0

They were bred to be the "ultimate" protection dog and are supposed to breed true by this point. They're also supposed to be fairly similar in temperment to the original Dobes, which was incredibly HA, even towards handlers.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
FluffyZooCrew

Dobes were like that? Really? I didn't know that.