Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

I personally dont see any German shepherd.. Huskey, yes.. Lab yes..But GSD, Nahh.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Puppy Dog

really? Most people who have seen him have said gsd first off. But I think thats more from his markings and tail. husky I guess could give him the black back marking and bushy tail. There definately isnt very many husky's around here I know of a couple mals lots of mal mixes. The first time we saw him he was in a nearby town where everyone lets there dogs run loose and few of them are willing to pay to feed there dogs let alone spay/neuter them so there is a lot of mixed breeds running around there. We just dont think he looks like one of those mix of a mix of a mix dogs that runs around there.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 PM
koda bear

Im thinking golden retriever/ gsd possibly collie in there. I really dont see many sibe traits in him except coat color and he appears to be shaved.Yea i dont know why everyone always guesses huskys ive got two and they have lots more hair and alot diff traits.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Sit! Good dog.

How does he carry his tail?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-31-2009, 04:26 PM
koda bear

I was wondering to even in mixed breed if they have sibe in them there tail still normally curls a little its hard to tell since hes sitting.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Puppy Dog

He's not shaved, but his coat gets very short in the summer, which is when this picture was taken. Right now his coat is very thick similar to a husky or mal. His tail does curl a bit especially when he's excited about something he will carry it up and it will curl over his back. Usually he carries it down but there is definately a noticable curl at the end. I dont really think he has golden in him, his coat isnt as long and he just seems more lab like to me (but maybe thats because I'm not a golden fan lol). I'm leaning toward mal rather than sibe because of his size and I was wondering if sibe would give him more of a pointy nose, his is very square. I don't no much about genetics, but its interesting to see what traits show up in mixed breeds. I might be able to get some more pictures up this weekend. I have some pictures on my phone but I can't send them when I'm at school for some reason.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisco16 View Post
I was wondering to even in mixed breed if they have sibe in them there tail still normally curls a little its hard to tell since hes sitting.
Not necessarily. Our Siberian/GSD mix carried his tail straight out behind him, similar to how they carry them when showing.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:14 AM
:( only one :(

He's adorable!

First dogs that popped in my head was GSD and either Golden or Lab.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Puppy Dog

ok I have some more pictures. They all off of my phone though so not the best quality. And they arent good full body shots just pictures of him trying to figure out a way to sit in my sisters lap haha, he see's our little dog sittin on our laps and just cant quite figure out how that works.

face shots:

Old 04-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Puppy Dog

Here you can see his tail, but he's wagging it so you cant see the curl in it. he carries it down like this when he's more relaxed, he carries it up when he's excited:

And here you can see his markings better, and get a better idea of his size. You can also see how he has all that extra skin on his neck(cant think of the word), it makes his collar look tight because it hangs over. We have a hard time with collars, he can slip out of them so easily lol: