Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Walks into Mordor

In the six months we've had him, Zeus has chewed:

1 pair of dress shoes
2 pairs of flip-flop sandals
1 pair of regular sandals
1 soft foam ice chest
1 video game controller cable
1 video game headset
1 pair of work boots
1 rosebush (in pot, ready for planting)
9 rolls of toilet paper
1 box of kleenex
1 hairbrush
1 model car
1 Chinese embroidered bamboo scroll
1 dog leash

We kept wondering whether it was lack of exercise, boredom, seperation anxiety, etc. Finally, we realized that he just likes to chew. The best solution is to provide a lot of different toys with different chewing "textures". Since then, we've had absolutely no problems.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Trained by an Airedale

Sounds like Maverick was having a whale of a time!! Misha chewed a big hole in the plaster on the wall the other night.....you never can guess just what they'll go for next!

Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Vizsla Mom

Wow, I guess I am in good company. My Otis has done a number on my old couch and a wing back chair. As luck would have it both those pieces were in the plans to be replaced. Couch is old and the chair is very uncomfortable. Now if my leather furniture gets eaten I will be really upset. I have since decided to limit his time alone in the rest of the house. My husband does not get up as early as I do so I was letting the dogs have the run of the house. They usually sleep when I leave. Now I will only let them in the back room with the crappy furniture and the doggy door open to the back yard. I also spray the heck outta everything this morning with a bitter spray. There are plenty of toys and chews to keep him busy. So we'll see what happens when I get home. I should do the crate thing, but just haven't wrapped my head around it yet.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I want 2 b a dog 4 a day

I can't even begin to say what my dogs have eaten, but I'll give it a try. The usual-wood, ps2 stuff, cell phones, cables, cds, toilet paper, everything off the countertops, my grandma's old old old wooden dining room table, couches, etc. Well, the most bizarre happened one of the first days I left for about 20 minutes. I keep all of my doors shut all of the time in my house to keep the dogs out of those rooms. Well I come home to Katy barking away at something. I walk up the stairs, and I could have died. My house has solid wood doors, and there's Jasmine, standing on the other side of an exceptionally large HOLE someone had eaten through to get to the other side. I'm going to assume that she thought I was in there and the reason I wasn't answering was because I was hurt. I will not accept any other answer because I want to think she was worried about me, NOT JUST BEING JASMINE! Thank goodness they have almost grown out eating everything. Now they only eat the expensive things. Oh well I have to love em.

www.dogster.com/?245038
www.dogster.com/?245035.
www.dogster.com/?245031
Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I love collies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip's Girl
I made the unwise decision once to let Dakota sleep out of his crate when he was about 6 months old... In that night, he managed to SILENTLY eat a PS2, a ps2 controller, part of my computer, my microphone, a USB cord for my digital camera, and his doggie bed...

He also one day managed to, in I swear, 5 seconds, completely shred some very expensive blueprints of our house.

Puppies.
puppies, lol
Old 08-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Top Dog

poe surprisingly is not too bad i guess just a pair of sandals i think
Old 08-17-2005, 12:18 PM
I love collies!

actually, I don't remember my dog destroying anything, just a little rip here and there.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Top Dog

My pup isn't all that bad either. I don't leave him in the house by himself though. But he did chew and rip a piece off of my runners, left bite marks on my mom's expensive high heels, left bite marks on my flip flops, tryed to tear apart the sofa (lol) and pretty much made as many holes as he can in my pj bottom.

I don't understand how these puppies can eat the ps2 + controllers + computer parts. I just find it so hilarious.
Good thing I got it quite easy compared to you guys!
Old 08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Corgi bum

I'm so thankful that Jack and Chloe don't do that anymore. Jack does pee on the throw rug once in a while though.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Teddy has definately chewed his fair share of stuff lol

His greatest masterpiece http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...892&highlight=

He has also pulled up the carpet in his room lol
Ate the wooden window sill lol
ate the corner of the baseboards
multiple flip flops ( only flip flops though lol he will steal your runners but doesn't chew em lol)
toilet paper and the cardboard rolls a million times lol
multiple toys
he chewed a hole in his bed

There are lots of others but i can't think of them right now lol those are the major ones lol

He doesn't chew so much now but he will always steal things because he thinks its a game. he steals something and runs to his crate and then i run in after him. he thinks its fun lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney