Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Default Maverick has DESTROYED the kitchen

Ok, left Maverick alone with Hannah for 15 minutes (BIG MISTAKE) in the kitchen. I come back to my husband's FAVORITE $20 map book torn to shreds in the kitchen, the paper towels knocked off the counter and unrolled all over the floor, not to mention to four messes that he had made on the floor as well. Well I was angry (more at myself for leaving him alone) but he can usually be left for a short time without causing problems. So I stepped over the baby gate and turn to see him calmly CHEWING the wood trim! I forgot to mention the seven chew toys that were surrounding him and weren't more than three inches from him! Gotta love those puppies! And my angel Hannah...where was she all this time? She was sitting right next to him giving me this "MOM, Look what Maverick's doing" look. These puppies are never boring I'll tell you that!
Old 08-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Top Dog

Tell me about it, my dog chewed up the TV power cord (luckily it was disconnected... yeah... luckily , lol, jk) he always seems to be interested in the things he's not suppose to chew... and in the backyard he always tries to eat woodchips and rocks, I constantly have to chase him and stick my hand down there (he gets the big pieces). It's so hard to be mad at him tho, because he gives me this look that is so hard to not laugh at... curse his cuteness Anyways, I'll try my best not to hi-jack the thread, lol, good luck with maverick
Old 08-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Rusty but Trusty

hijack away. Maverick will get sticks and stuff too and then run away when I try to go and get him. He LOVES to make us chase him! He hasn't discovered the fun of chewing on powercords...yet. Although he has eaten through my mop head already. It was hanging up on the stairway going to the basement and he somehow managed to get to it and chew it up really good. Hannah LOVES rocks. She'll bring a rock in anytime you take her outside, you have to make sure to empty out her mouth everytime she comes in. Maverick won't give us a sad pitiful look (unless we have food and he wants some). Usually if he knows he's done something bad he'll run and hide and he'll yelp as he's running. It's really wierd we've never hit him, but maybe the people that gave him to the shelter did. He just acts like you're gonna smack him if you say "no". It's sad but hopefully he'll get over it.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Big German Shepherd

You should see Rocky I came on here to check my email and Rocky in that .1324 second was chewing a bone-- so I'm sitting here checking my email and I turn around.

Normally, I close the hall door so I can keep an eye on him but that day, lol, I guess I just got a little lazy.

So anyway, I turn around and he's not there! So I make one of these faces:

And I run out to the hall to see Rocky PULLING on the telephone string. He ripped it.

I was really frustrated-- but I just replaced it. I always close the door now .
Old 08-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Are you dead yet?

I made the unwise decision once to let Dakota sleep out of his crate when he was about 6 months old... In that night, he managed to SILENTLY eat a PS2, a ps2 controller, part of my computer, my microphone, a USB cord for my digital camera, and his doggie bed...

He also one day managed to, in I swear, 5 seconds, completely shred some very expensive blueprints of our house.

Puppies.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Love my pets

Sorry to hear what happened. I have a feeling we all have stories like this. My lab, Brandy, ate my drapes, the blinds, woodwork, etc. CJ ate the wood molding and the reclining chair. Max ate the window molding and the kitchen countertops. Kona so far chews the wood molding and door.

I think their mission in life is to have us remodel the things they think don't look good or are too old.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Top Dog

I've been lucky I guess...
Old 08-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

Brady chewed the knobs off the grill when he was a pup, he chewed the opening to HIS own igloo dog house, he chewed the wood trim around the outside back door, he chewed the gutter drains at the bottom of both in the backyard...

I thought I was going to go crazy at the time.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:16 AM
chowchow

This morning I got up, went to the bathroom, went into the kitchen to let the dogs out. They was chasing each other with what I assumed was a ball. I opened the door, Gracie dropped what I thought was the ball, she picks it up and out the door they run. As she was going out the door she dropped it one more time, it was a pepper! She had taken it off the countertop. She picks it up quickly and out the door she goes. I went back and told my husband they are playing with a pepper! He said "they'll figure it out".
Old 08-17-2005, 09:19 AM
Twin 2.0

I left Sawyer home for one hour one time and came back to find: two Tupperware cookie containers chewed on and a dozen chocolate chip cookies eaten. He left the oatmeal ones alone, but crumbled them over a chair and the big couch, dragged out the bread box and ate the bread, ate a bag of bagels that was supposed to be my breakfasts for that week, clawed the living hell out of the front door, knocked over every single plant he could find, chewed up a set of blinds and left his Greenie and peanut butter Kong untouched.

He'd been left home before for longer without a problem. I don't know what happened, but he's not been left alone since. I had a crate, but he knows how to break out of it. (This was before I started taking him to work with me and working on "kennel up" there. He's so much better about being crated now)