Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Felurian

Oh, now Kharma holds a grudge, but she's also got sense enough to overlook inter-family snarkery. Tallulah tried to get uppity with her. Once. Tallulah found out that there are things out there that can put her entire head in their mouths, even when her big yap is wide open and going a mile a minute.

The two of them sleep, snuggle, play and plot together now

I guess the thing to remember is that even though these dogs have such strong instincts, their intellect is such that they aren't necessarily ruled by instinct the way most dogs tend to be.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 03-17-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Your Mom

It sounds to me like you need an Alapaha

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ahhh, thank you Renee, GRUDGE was the word I was looking for!

That's what I was hoping, but not sure about. You know how terriers can be about certain things, lol, and Oz, while a dear dear dog, is just not too... aware of his size in relation to other dogs.. He tries to snark at Rotties and GSD's when we're out on walks. He ignores the little dogs for christs sake. Most people in my neighborhood just assume I have a trash talking suicidal dog. And he's not the type to realize he's in over his head either. He runs his mouth until the other dog is out of sight. Then he lifts his leg on the nearest vertical object.

There just doesN'T seem to be an overabundance of information about these dogs. What there is, just seems to be repeating itself from every other website... And I've found two breeders, one of which I like, the other in my state that I haven't really checked out yet.. And the first one is FoxFire... so I at least know that one is on the up and up.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
There just doesN'T seem to be an overabundance of information about these dogs. What there is, just seems to be repeating itself from every other website... And I've found two breeders, one of which I like, the other in my state that I haven't really checked out yet.. And the first one is FoxFire... so I at least know that one is on the up and up.
Really with any of the rare breeds the best way to learn about them is through breeders. If you search my breed online it brings up a bunch of horseshit about history and lineage and other crap. I am lucky to live within 3 hours of 3 of the greatest Alapaha breeders out there who will actually give you truth when it comes to the history, and who know what they're doing when it comes to breeding. I sit and pick their brains for hours and I still have so much more to learn, none of which are online or in books. Have fun in your hands on research

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I'm actually going to meet a breeder this weekend. She lives about an hour away from me, and we sat on the phone for at least an hour last night just talking. She listened to me talking about Ozzy and our occasional "come to Jesus" meetings, and laughed, she asked me questions, explained what she breeds for, which is health and correct structure first, working drive second and then conformation last. Her dogs protect her property against wild hogs and coyote. So they actually do have working instinct.

She thinks she actually has a pup that would be a good fit for me, but there's no way I can afford one right now. If the purchase price on these dogs wasn't so steep, itd be no problem, but holy cow.

So I'm excited. I wish I had a camera to take pictures with.

(Also, the pup she thinks would be a good fit, his name is Shotgun. I've been telling DH for months that I was going to come home with a shotgun one day, since we live in a rather sketchy area, at times. Think he'd buy it if I said it was a dog all along? LOL
Old 03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Very Food Agressive

Ohhh what kind of Molosser baby is Shotgun?

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Haha, I should've said, but I forgot to! She breeds Central Asians. He's 9 months old. She did say he's already a very confident dog, who is very comfortable being dominant without being overbearing to other dogs. I'm not sure how Oz would deal with a dog who would put his paw on his back if Oz snarked at him. So I'm really leaning towards a female anyway, because Enzo is a laid back dog, and has no problem submitting... "oh, you wanna be Alpha? Okay, great! Lets play!!" (saw that somewhere... fits her perfectly) so a female might be better anyway. I really don't want to crate and rotate either. Also, I think the idea of Queen Bitch would sit better with Oz than a King that's not him.

**** Napolean complexes.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
CASSA

Charlie dog we have rescues NOW from every USA breeder.
Please visit this link and ADOPT vs put money into breeders pockets who do NOT take care of their own dogs...

We have Maxomagic guiness going from NC to this rescue next week.
Mind you he was found living with a homeless in Middletown NY the co breeder of this line.

Molosser Rescue

Pls we have a older calmer boy coming from CA to rescue ) not that line needs TLC.

This year alone we had 9 CAO rescue (4 from ONE breeder)
and last year even MORE.( inc found LOOSE in the GA town).

Some breed for show, some breed for work and than show, some breed pets.
Do you research- and if you have the knowledge PLS try a rescue first.

Re: "your yard" My therapy dogs(3), My livestock dogs, My BIS Adult Champion dogs, My protection certified dogs (all are certified) WILL NOT ALLOW YOU IN THE YARD WITHOUT ME THERE.. Once I open gate you are accepted, some will kiss , some will smell u a watch u from distance. ALL WILL BITE you if you COME IN THE YARD wihout me there.

They are supposed to be territory protective NOT dog aggressive NOT people aggressive Protective. We use ATTS TT plus civil to test dogs active defense drives and do NOT match up to HIGH defense dogs or two low. Breeders should breed to the standard which calls for a "natural distrust of strangers "but "must be amendable to handling"

if you read our club site we do NOT want to see the CAS as the new SHOw dog and we said NO to AKC acceptance. That breeders wants AKC acceptance .
IF I want 10 mins of fame I will run naked down my street. Before I put my ego before the betterment of the breed.

Working on 2 rescues not so sorry for rush post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].

Last edited by planet molosser; 03-23-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I was looking for a pup because Oz can be a very difficult dog to manage until he is comfortable with a dog, and that was/is why I am concerned about an adult rescue.

Plus, with that molosser rescue I'd have to fly up there, and there is no way to tell if Oz would get along with the dog or not. I'd like to talk to you some more when you have some time, if that's okay with you?

Actually, just check your PM's, lol.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Twin 2.0

Really, I'm getting the thought that either an Alapaha or even a Boxer with some working lines might suit you better than some of the bigger Molossers.