Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Looking for new shampoo

I usually use Buddy Bath, but they don't sell it here for some reason. So I got Earthbath but I don't like it at all. I've tried two kinds- oatmeal and the mango and it just doesn't work nearly as well. Summer starts smelling bad less than a week after her bath and it wasn't like that before. She smells great right after the bath but it doesn't last all.

So.... any recommendations?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Bwhahaha - I just started replying with what I use
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Top Dog

I just use some oatmeal shampoo Ive had for a while now. I was actually curious, don't want to hijack, but does anyone use, or recommend that horse shampoo? The one you can use on your own hair? I forget what exactly its called. But is that a good shampoo for dogs?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

mane and tail shampoo...I too wonder what its doing in the people & pet section! lol

Quote:
The Original Mane 'n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner, made by Straight Arrow, were originally developed for use on horses. People began using the product on their own hair when they saw the fabulous results on their horses. I began using it this winter when my regular shampoo was leaving my hair dry and brittle. I knew I needed a change and decided that I wanted a gentle shampoo and conditioner with minimal ingredients.

The shampoo lists only ten ingredients, unlike my regular shampoo, which lists twenty-four. Also listed on the back of the bottle are directions for both human use and animal use. This product can be used to wash your pets' hair, as well as your own. Despite that, the makers of the shampoo do not test on animals.

I have dry hair, especially in the winter months, when my hair is prone to static and my scalp is prone to dandruff. My regular shampoo seemed to exacerbate these problems. Once I made the switch to the Original Mane 'n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner, these problems quickly cleared. My hair seemed stronger and had more body and my dandruff issues subsided almost immediately.

Even though I have dry hair, I tend to have an oily scalp, so I approach using conditioner with caution. It tends to make my hair greasy and flat. I found that the Original Mane 'n Tail conditioner, which has only seventeen ingredients, actually gives my hair body and fullness. Rubbing the conditioner into my scalp moisturizes it without adding extra oil and greasiness.

According to the directions on the bottle, the conditioner can be used as a rinse-out conditioner or a leave-in conditioner. I opt to rinse the conditioner out of my hair and I still get the full benefits of the product. The package claims that the conditioner works five ways. It conditions and fortifies hair for a healthy look. It also helps prevent hair breakage and split ends, nourishes the scalp, corrects the drying effects of the elements, and keeps hair tangle free and manageable. I have found all of these to be true as my hair has been much healthier since I began using the Original Main 'n Tail conditioner.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

I just get my better half to buy whatever is cheapest for me.....straight shampoo, no conditioner. In a pinch I can even use bar soap...and I get told how I'm hated to be able to do that and have good looking hair.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

I've used Fresh N Clean for years . Love it !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Im a big fan of eqyss shampoos. I have heard good things for mane and tail too. Biogroom is good. Desert sudz, top performance, espree. I have used and liked all. I have even called around to alot of places (eqyss, espree, bigroom, etc) and gotten free samples before i bought.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Top Dog

I use this by Fresh and clean. Lambert Kay® - Products Details I love it! It smells so good and the fragrance lasts a long time I'd say about two weeks.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Just try me..

I have found that with the JRT and whippet coats they do just as well and if not better with good people shampoo. And after trying many many conditioners the best that works for the whippets is people conditioner.

I have tried buddy wash and its ok.. but for me was more expensive and didnt' do as good a job as the dove that I was using on me. I have tried biogroom, and many others not coming to mind....
Old 02-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Top Dog

I like Crown Royal, #3.