Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Active Pup

Default I think my puppy...

suckered me into letting her sleep in the bed!

I seemed to have her crate trained but then everything went downhill - no changes in routine happened. Even with taking her out several times a night she'd still soil her crate - usually right after I took her out.

So, I decided to have her sleep in bed with me (risking having an accident)...anyway, she hasn't had an accident yet - it's been a week. I still get her up at least once a night to go potty.

I guess I'm a little dumbfounded as to how she can 'hold' it for a very long time when in bed with me, yet won't when in her crate. Yes, she only had enough room to get up & turn around.

As i stated at the beginning, I think I've been trained by her to allow her to sleep in my bed.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Top Dog

LOL. It's easy to be suckered by a dog. That's the way we're wired.

How old is she? I'm sure, as long as she gets practice in the crate too, that no harm will come from her sleeping in your bed. I don't know why she poos in her crate. I guess the only thing you can do is try feeding her earlier for her last meal of the day, taking her out as late as possible before bed. And hopefully, as she matures, she'll get better about this.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Big Dog

"LOL. It's easy to be suckered by a dog. That's the way we're wired. "

lol yeah. I've heard of many people who have fallen this path. One of my mom's friends was all like warning us: "Dun fall for this trickery!". It's cause of their crying....it's heartbreaking...
Old 03-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Yorkie Love

yes mine all found their way into bed pretty quick. Armani lasted the longest in a crate and that was only until about 6 months old or so.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Love my pets

Oh, you've gone to the dark side now. Most of us have. Our dogs know just how to get what they want from us softies!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

Seger started right from the beginning sleeping in bed with his family . Not that I recommend it , but they knew when he needed out and he was house broken in a few weeks .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Active Pup

I must say there is something comforting about having my 'baby' sleep with me. She's generally very quiet & I've gotten her to sleep at the end of the bed instead of above my pillow. She's pretty much housebroken - she will 'wake us up' when she needs to go out...woohoo.

TGIF