Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacopoe View Post
My friend was working once when these people came in to surrender their English Bulldog to the SFACC because it was 8 years old and the breeder that sold them the dog said it would only live to be 4, "and we've given him twice that already," they said. Once again proving that people can be idiots.
Wow. Just wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colliewog View Post
I think the problem here was a high protein "growth" diet ... they clearly overfed him and he outgrew his "normal" size expectations. lol

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 03-02-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacopoe View Post
Wow... just, wow.

I understand getting around BSL but i always wonder if the shelters are doing the dog any favors when they lie about the breed (unless they really, really thought they were JRTs). True, this time it turned out well, but imagine if the adopters weren't so cool and decided to return the dog after he hit 30 lbs. My friend was working once when these people came in to surrender their English Bulldog to the SFACC because it was 8 years old and the breeder that sold them the dog said it would only live to be 4, "and we've given him twice that already," they said. Once again proving that people can be idiots.
Yeah, it's one of those lucky happy endings thankfully. I don't think shelters are doing any favors by fibbing. Particularly in places where pits are illegal. My cousin just wanted to save a dog (which he certainly did) but of course wasn't going to give up his boy once he already had him. It's just not a good situation to put a well meaning person in. He had no idea he'd just adopted something potentially illegal where he lived. Maybe they really thought he was a JRT? I somehow doubt it considering the circumstances.

That story is just wow... People can be idiots.