Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Active Pup

Red face He keeps humping things!!

Hi, my name is Jessie and I have a 3 year old, male Pomeranian named Quincy who keeps humping his stuffed animals. He is neutered, and has been since he was a puppy. He doesn't hump anything else, just one of his bears and a lion. He doesn't mount other dogs either. It is really sick because he goes pretty hard on his lion, and then he barks at you when you catch him in the act. Does anyone else have this problem with their neutered male, or is mine just a twisted little pervert? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jess
Old 09-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Ass Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie
Does anyone else have this problem with their neutered male, or is mine just a twisted little pervert? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jess
I have absolutely no advice. Even if I did I would have to compose myself for a day before I could type it. That made me seriously laugh out loud. especially "then he barks at you when you catch him in the act"

Welcome.

-Kev
Old 09-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Big Dog

I once had a dog like that, it was also a small dog. But he WASN'T Neutered. We used to just ignore it... and avoid touching the toys afterwards, as silly as it sounds that's what we had to do. Eventually he realised that there wasn't any fun in it. He was about 5 when he stopped. He had an affair with a slipper. It was a big fuzzy slipper shaped like a bear foot and it is pretty nasty but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. If you can't ignore it, call a vet and ask them, they might be able to help u a little bitter than i can. best of luck
Old 09-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Alpha Dog

I think the dog sounds a bit off... he shouldn't be favoring the lion over the bear...

But really, just throw the lion away if he continues to get to excited.

Chazhound
Old 09-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Ass Lover

This may sound like I'm joking, but I'm serious. Can a nuetered dog actually, um, err, "finish deriving pleasure", if you know what I mean? I've never really thought about it.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Alpha Dog

I don't think so, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still have the urge. Just not as strong...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Are you dead yet?

if your dog is barking at you when he's getting it on with the stuffed animals, I would take them away. Prevention in this case is far easier than training him not to... You can't train a dog out of a dominant personality.

That made me laugh, though.. My puppy liked this BIG (about 5ft long) stuffed whale I have, and the day we brought him home the first thing he did was get on top of the whale.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Felurian

Try the trusty old squirt bottle. It works better if he doesn't see you with it and thinks that what he's doing causes that annoying splash of cold water.

. . . barks when you catch him . . . my face hurts from giggling!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Puppy Dog

Is it the samething if my puppy is biting onto the stuff animal and "doing it" but he doesnt go against the stuff animal, but he just does the motion of it. His weewee isn't anywhere near it and hes only ~11 weeks old. He just does it for like a few seconds. Wonder if hes trying to hump it or he is just doing whatever hes doing???
Old 09-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Felurian

Sounds like you've got a precociously dominant pup there. The time to modify his behaviour is now, while he's still a baby.

First, though, have the vet rule out any physiological things, like urinary tract infection.