Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-14-2005, 10:01 PM
yuckaduck

Default Needless, Senseless Tragedy

This is really hard for me to post so please bare with me. I do not wish to get any sympathy or anything out of this it is just so those who have viewed the pictures now the truth as well as I know it.

I had a partner in the horse farming business that I was involved with. My partner no longer wanted to be involved with the horses and I had bought out her share of the horses all but two. We had agreed that in exchange for the property, barn and land, I would board those two horse for free for two full years. I agreed to this thought it was a great deal for me. This past week my partner proceeded to demand that I board an addition 12 horses for free for two years for her. This would completely break me in a week and since no paperwork had been signed I politely said no. My partner had been suffering from financial stresses for quite sometime and had a hugh insurance policy on the barn, land and horses. Now some how this afternoon the barn caught on fire and all of the horses were in the barn. They are never ever in the barn at that time in the afternoon. NEVER. None of them and the babies and mares are out 24/7 don't even come in once a day never. She was the only person known to have been on the property at the time of the fire. One horse [Molly] survived the actual fire but was put down immediately upon the vets arrical because she was suffering severely. So all horses were killed and the fire marshall is ruling that the fire is suspicious. A full investigation is taking place and I have shared every speck of information I have with the fire marshall. I have been terrified all day to post this for fear that someone here would somehow think I was involved; I assure everyone I was not involved in anyway. I am very heartbroken and empty as a result of this senseless, needless tragedy. I have a great alibi as we had a bbq this afternoon at our place with all of our close friends, including three police officers. I have lost all of my babies here and am absoluelty ruined as a result. Bob[RVF Totally Awesome], Joker, Molly, all of them; they must have been so terrified and I feel so guilty now for not being at the barn.
Finances really are no issue right now it is the emotional loss that is really hard. I had no insurances but that changes nothing for how I feel right now. It has been the worst day of my entire life and I just don't know how to react or feel anymore. Thank you for reading this and listening, allowing me to get it off my shoulders. I am truely sorry to post something so horrific.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Island dweller

Heather, I really feel for you. This is horrible. It's beyond words. I'm sure that anyone who reads this will just be heartbroken. It's such a senseless tragedy and I really hope that some sort of justice will be found even though it won't bring your babies back.

I'm really, really sorry and I wish I could help. You have my support however you might need it and all the (((hugs))) I can send.

Thinking of you...

(((hugs)))
Old 08-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I feel for you as well. It is as you said a needless senseless tragedy. And unfortunatly it is not unheard of in the horse world especially. I am so sorry for the losses and cannot imagine what you are going through. Like Saje im sending you all the ((hugs)) and support I can.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 08-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Snow Girl

OMG i'm so sorry to hear this!!!! So sorry that words can't even describe exactly how I truly feel...One horse is hard enough to lose but an entire herd is pure devastation! If there's anyway I can help please don't hesitate to let me know and if at anytime you'd like to just get in touch with some horses, there's 27 of them back home that would love to have someone scritch their ears or get on their back. I know I always love to have a good friend to ride with too. HUGS!!!!!!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 08-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Quigleyfied

i'm coming to this thread late, but i'd like to offer my sympathies. what a horrible tragedy. i hope the person who is responsible for what happened to those poor animals will be brought to justice, and i hope punishment will be severe.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:44 AM

That is just sickening, Im very sorry for you.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 08-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Felurian

I cannot imagine how you're feeling right now, Heather. My heart just breaks for you and your creatures.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-15-2005, 05:20 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

a thousand tears for each and every one that suffered because of her inability to face her "problems". I had a boss that did that to a warehouse full of tropical birds and lizards, rodents and snakes. All for the money..lets hope that they end up suffering each and every misery and won't have a tear shed for them to ease their pain.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 08-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

This is horrible. I'm so sorry

Please keep us posted... I really hope he will pay for it.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Top Dog

You have my deepest condolonces Yuck, that is truley tragic. I will pray that you are able to make it through this terrible time, draw strenght from those you love and those that love you.

Adrienne