Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements

Old 02-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I always just hit "new posts" anyways...it takes too long to click through 15 different sections!

So, no complaints for me!
Me too.... LOL so as long as that option stays, it won't affect me at all
Old 02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I do worry when more and more new sections are added - I don't care where they are
I agree with that also, to an extent.. I would love to have a few new sections, but I dont think every single little hobby (or what have you) should have its own little section either
Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

I use the new post button as well. I'm sure I'll be able to find sections moved if they are still available whether they are at the top or bottom.

I'd really like it if you could wake me up, make me a cup of tea, put the computer in front of me and have the forum ready for me to look at the sections I'm interested in. Haven't figured out how you can get me to the bathroom first though!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:25 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ok I'm going to have to bookmark the fire hydrant so it brings me there right off the bat. LOL I am a creature of habit and it would probably (sadly) take me weeks to finally retrain myself to where the hydrant is now lol. But I don't think it will make me pay more attention to other sections. I know they are there I just have nothing to add to them.

A suggestion maybe.... MANY forums I am on h ave a section for controversial subjects like politics and religion and sex (the big 3 lol) or whatever. Subjects that are likely to get heated but I don't mean "I'm going to breed my chi poo" kind of threads.

it seems to work really well on other forums. those who are interested in those topics and kinds of discussions can go in there and have at it and those that aren't into that stay out of the "heat" in the regular chat section. I know people can always just choose not to click on a controversial thread but you don't always know it by the title

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Ugh I like it up top. But whatever...........

Am I the only one who reads the header "Dog Forum News" as news about the forum and its members in general? I never thought it mean news about dogs or whatever................Yeah.......
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I know people can always just choose not to click on a controversial thread but you don't always know it by the title
Thanks, Sparks!

That brings us to a subject we maybe need to talk about in another thread . . . our thread titles It would make it SO much easier to navigate if we were a little more specific in our titles instead of the "Ewwwwws" and "Oh Gross" and "Guess what" sorts of titles we sometimes post.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That brings us to a subject we maybe need to talk about in another thread . . . our thread titles It would make it SO much easier to navigate if we were a little more specific in our titles instead of the "Ewwwwws" and "Oh Gross" and "Guess what" sorts of titles we sometimes post.
If you're going that direction, can we also have a rule of No "I have a secret" threads? They all are the same. "I have a secret but I'm not telling" and 6 pages of "Please tell!" "No I won't tell! Not until xxx date." "I know what it is!" "No you don't!"

Either tell what you have to say, or don't. None of this "attention *****" stuff.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Yorkie Love

ehh... I like it at the top, dont know if I really care though, as I often use the "new posts" button.

I just wish all the changes could happen at once and be done with already though.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I like it at the top. I always saw it as being news about chaz.. not anything to do with dogs.. so I don't think it's even inappropriately named.. Everything in that section seems to fit okay as it is.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 02-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Any more rules coming?

I actually like the interesting thread titles.... I know another forum which edits them so they are "more clear" and that REALLY bugs me.....

Why not just make it nice and clinical..... I like the personalised thread titles myself.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein