Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Manchesters

Default I Lost A Dog Last Night!!!!

I was ready to make the dreaded trip to Walmart, and was putting the girls into their crates (girl Manchesters, that is). Robin is in a bottom crate, and just runs in on her own. Schnuggle Bug (Kammi) is in a crate on top of Robin's. She hops up into her own crate. Then Goose and Missy are in crates 3 and 4, counting upward. Well, I got everyone into her crate except Twit....Twit is the one that washes her food in the water pan........no Twit anywhere. I checked out on the patio and carport, and in the utility building. No Twit. I checked out in the yard. No Twit. I knew she could not have gotten passed me into the back hall.

I was starting to become totally boomfoggled about this. Then I figured WAIT A MINUTE.......CHECK THE BLASTED CRATES WITH THE FLASHLIGHT!!!!!!!! So I did, an low and behold, in Schnuggle Bug's crate, TWO noses were showing out the door!!!!!! Dipwit Twit had jumped up into Kammi's cage, and was in there with her!!!!!! That kinda puts the lie to those who don't like the idea of crating dogs, roflmbo.

I was tempted to wring Twit's neck, but resisted. I was too glad to have found her.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Felurian

They do have a rather warped sense of humor, don't they?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Stare at my avatar....

OMG. glad she's ok. Lol, boomfoggled

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 08-14-2005, 03:27 PM
yuckaduck

That would have been scarey I would have had a heart attck right there on the spot.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Manchesters

Default I Should Have Suspected......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
They do have a rather warped sense of humor, don't they?
Kammi came over when I called her, but instead of hopping up into her crate, she ran back around the coffee table to the other side of the living room. I should have known, lol. But when I called her back and told her to get into her blasted crate, she did. Poor thing. They are such good girls!! But sometimes Kammi will give me a bit of a run for my money.....just to be a smarty.

Once upon a time many years ago, I lost a Doberman in here, right from under my nose!!!!!!!! I was cutting toenails, and it was Nikki's turn. It was before I had had the door between the kitchen and the back hall put in. I looked all over this place. Now...we are talking an 80 pound Dobie here! I went back and looked in the doggie bedroom. No Nikki. Front bedroom.....no Nikki. I went to re-check the back bedroom, and saw some movement in the 300 sized wire crate in the corner of the room. That dog had squished herself into that crate!!!! It was about big enough for a Whippet!!!!! I could have also wrung HER neck for putting me thru a minor heart attack!!!!!

Darned dogs only exist to try to give us all heart failure.....then they sit and laugh at us!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Felurian

Don't feel too alone about losing a little 80 pound Dobie, lol! Kharma - at 130 pounds - has actually managed to hide in the back corner underneath Charley's mother's old hospital bed that's still in the house The only way I found her was the tip of her tail was sticking out, barely wagging at the end, and the movement attracted my eye

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Love my pets

What our dogs can put us through! I wouldn't want to live without them though.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:59 PM
chowchow

I lose Princess all the time. She blends in with her surroundings. If the shadows are just right outside I can go out, look all around the yard and not see her laying there in the open. I'll call her and these are the times she just lays there to see how long it will take me to see her. Today I lost Gracie. I forgot I let her go outside to potty and thought she was inside. It started raining outside, I went all thru the house calling for her and looking for her. Finally I opened the door just in case, sure enough, she was waiting for me to let her in. Poor thing.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Kelpiefied

We have an expert at hide and seek here. He's a chihuahua, buddy and he finds the MOST ridiculous places to sleep. We have found him in drawers, the pots and pan cupbourd (he SLEEPS in the pots!) curled up in a pot-plant and lately he has take to sleeping in a nest made of plastic bags. My mum refuses to do any training with him, so he never comes when he's called. Sometimes we have spent hours searching, only to find he's jumped into a cupboard when no one was looking and is now stuck in there!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Twin 2.0

I don't think I could lose Sawyer if I tried. The dog is attatched by Velcro most days, a 5 foot lead if it's hot and he wants to lie on the tile. Although one day at the park he got to following another dog and forgot I was still by the lake. I found him up at the beginning of the park where we always sit so I can put on his lead.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!