Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-14-2005, 03:51 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
So OK, the LIVE Lassie was a sable. Guess who is standing here with her front paws on my leg and tail wagging 2000 mph??!!! TWIT. She must have known I was writing about her, rofl. Oh heck, Birdy Girl just came over and pushed Twit aside. They are worse than kids when the mom gets on the phone!!! They figure they have me trapped.
I'm not so sure you have heard my kids when I have been on the phone with you. They are monsters, always want to say hello, think everytime the phone rings it is grandma. Pains in my butt.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
Get thee hence to a library, and check thee out as many of Albert Payson Terhune's books as you can find.
Oh, you'll love this! Have you ever checked out Project Gutenberg? (http://www.gutenberg.org/) A wonderful, huge collection of full texts of copyright expired works - all free!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 08-14-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
I'm not so sure you have heard my kids when I have been on the phone with you. They are monsters, always want to say hello, think everytime the phone rings it is grandma. Pains in my butt.
Rofl! I get the "constant and recurring snouts" poking me, then the big chins laying on my leg, getting progressively heavier the longer I ignore them . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I love collies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Oh, you'll love this! Have you ever checked out Project Gutenberg? (http://www.gutenberg.org/) A wonderful, huge collection of full texts of copyright expired works - all free!
My dad was talking about this, thanks for the link.
Yes everyone, I consider the book's Lassie to be the real Lassie, the original.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Kelpiefied

My Azlan is a sable, I've always loved that colour. People always ask me if I got a collie because I liked Lassie as a child, but I fell in love with the breed at an animal shelter! The original puppy I was going to import was a blue merle, very pretty I really do love that colour, but the breeder was less than good.
They are such great (but weird!) dogs. Azlan's tail can move as if it has no bones in it, I could literally tie it in a knot if I wanted to!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Kelpiefied

Lol, I always think it is funny that the "lassies" in the movies were in fact "laddies" and were actually quite large examples of the breed so that the children would still look relative in size as they got a little bigger during the course of filming.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

LOL!!! Not only were they Laddies, but there were three of them for filming. I always enjoy the books more ....

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Twin 2.0

"Laddies" have better coats overall, which was the reason for using it on film. Or so I have read.

You know it's odd. I love the merle color in Aussies and in Catahoulas, but not so much in Shelties and Collies. I don't know why. But I love the sable in Collies. Daniel's collie, Chase was a BEAUTIFUL example of a sable but was worthless as a stud because he was truly a runt (his top weight through his whole life was 35 pounds and was 24 when he had to be put down) and only had 8 teeth his entire life as well. He had some sort of liver and kidney disease and by the time he was 5 was on a doggie vegetarian diet because he couldn't process animal protiens. I'll try to find a good picture to post of Chase sometime.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I love collies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
"Laddies" have better coats overall, which was the reason for using it on film. Or so I have read.
Actually, it's because females are camera shy or something along those lines.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Manchesters

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by colliekid
Actually, it's because females are camera shy or something along those lines.
It is because the males have far more coat than females, and also males do not "blow coat" when they go into heat and end up looking like plucked chickens.