Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

You know I haven't posted on any of this since it's inception and never really wanted to at all. I've lurked the story and it's sad...really sad. All of it--the drama, the reality, the efforts of so many people who cared. What a waste.

It hurts to know he was scared. This is what bothers me most. Why? Why did this happen?

He's gone. He was a good boy.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Beautiful, Keri, thanks for the video.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Reggie, you did not get what you deserved. For that I am eternally sorry. May we all do better by all the other animals in our lives.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfacedanes View Post
I have been thinking of this nonstop, and I know some people are ready to move on but I needed to have some sort of closure for this. It's a strange feeling, to mourn the loss of a dog you've never known in person. I needed to do something, so I made a memorial video from photos that have been posted of Reggin over the years here. I hope no one minds this, I'm truly not trying to do anything but offer a tribute to a dog we all grew to love and care for.

If anyone wants to see it, it's here: YouTube - In Memory Of Reggin

If you feel this is in poor taste, I apologize. I just wasn't sure what else to do.

Beautiful video. I made sure not to watch it until my husband left because I knew I'd cry. Sure enough I was bawling by the end of it. I've never missed a dog so much that wasn't my own.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Not a lurker

I'm not the sentimental type, I guess how I grew up has a lot to do with that. Most of the time I'm one to say "that's a shame" and that's all the depth of emotion that I get. I've learned to become callous to the realities of life and death, as it surrounds me on a day to day basis (with this war, etc and knowing a lot of the people involved) and I've come to a realization today.
Reggie was a casualty of war. Not the war you see on television every day, and there are no IED's, but it's a war all the same. There's the distinct possibility that breed had nothing to do with the shelter's decision to euthanize poor Reggie, but there's also that same possibility that it had everything to do with it. So with that in mind, I feel this part of a "soldiers prayer" is befitting of Reggie.

Quote:
I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place Among the people here...
They never wanted me around Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod...
As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God,

"Step forward now you soldier
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

RIP Reggie.