Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM
BigDogs

Default hey RedyreRottweilers.........

here's a good one, and right up your alley. Requires an application.

I've seen and asked about him twice, he's a nice looking Rottie, calm and quiet. Pretty dark, not overly big as some Rotties can be. He's just now been put up on the website.

Adopt a Rottweiler: Bentley *courtesy*: Petfinder
Old 02-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

So you have asked about a rottweiler when you have puppies who should be staying with your longer, but you want to just get rid of ASAP?

Not to mention a mother dog and 11 puppies?

*sigh*
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM
We are Home.

i thiink shes trying to red to adopt. the LAST thing red needs right now is to adopt a male (not iin a bad way red just remembering our convos about the boys)

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 02-18-2009, 10:42 AM
BigDogs

He's at the same shelter where I got the pitbulls and Rosco. He wasn't on the website until today, after I asked about him a few times. It just seemed alittle unusual that he hadn't been adopted out very quickly after having gone to the shelter.

I don't know the whole story about him, since the shelter is very closed-mouthed about him. I was supposed to call the day after picking up Rosco, but got very busy with the mystery pups, and so it was a couple of days before I called and explained the new situation here.
Yes, I was thinking of RedyreRottweilers. A fullgrown Rottie should probably go to a home where people are experienced and knowledgeable about them. And I'm kind of busy here at the moment.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
We are Home.

i just reread the other thread (white house one) i was thinking about in relation to this one and relized it was the wrong person I was thinking of go members confused.

But Red is already trying to home a male from her litter last year because of same sex aggression not a good place for another male right now.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
But Red is already trying to home a male from her litter last year because of same sex aggression not a good place for another male right now.
Just an FYI, Dog on dog aggression has NOTHING to do with the reason she is thinking of placing one of her males. The boys get along wonderfully, at least thus far. Please be careful when making comments like that.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are his life, his love, and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion....." Author Unknown
Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
We are Home.

I didnt mean they did. I meant it is common and they are at the age it shows up. I know the boys love eachother the pics say it all.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
RedyreRottweilers

They are fine together now, however, I doubt it lasts forever. It could, but not likely.

Bigdogs, I am a member of a regional rescue group. However, I do not pull dogs from shelters, nor do I bring dogs into my home. I might foster at some point in the future, but there is no way I am pulling a dog from a shelter and bringing it into my home with unknown health parasite and temperament status.

I recommend you contact North East Rescued Rottweilers if you need assistance in getting the dog pulled.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:18 PM
BigDogs

Red,

I have more news. The dog is in foster care. He came from a home, the previous owner is deployed overseas.

Here is the email I finally received about him from the lady fostering him

Quote:
I am dealing with Bentley. He was a friend of ours that was deployed and Kathy and I promised that he would be going into a home ONLY after screening. Any further correspondence about him is to go through me. I have to go out of town this weekend, but when we come back…he will be back here with us. He is only at the shelter when I have to be gone, which is rare, but you just must have been there on those days. We want him to go into his forever home, not a foster. So, I am taking applications for his adoption. He will not be going into foster because he is already in foster. He is not in danger.