Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
what does a dog whistle do? would it help? or will it call all dogs to my house? lol
Have a yard full of barking dogs! LOL joking.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:23 PM
h2304

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
Have a yard full of barking dogs! LOL joking.
Yea a wistle would attract dogs. Just do what they do to the singing tomcats on the old cartoons. Just throw a boot at it. It is a Rotwiler, a good boot to to head wouldnt hurt it. But I personaly wouldnt do that to my dog.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:28 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2304
Yea a wistle would attract dogs. Just do what they do to the singing tomcats on the old cartoons. Just throw a boot at it. It is a Rotwiler, a good boot to to head wouldnt hurt it. But I personaly wouldnt do that to my dog.
I agree with everyone else time to place you on my ignore list have a fun time.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

does he understand the word NO? is it used consistantly? if you give in sometimes you are sending seriously confusing signals. My dogs do not bark..have never barked..barking is a NO from day one. It isn't tolerated, gets no reward ever..does get a time out and a down..that is the only response no gets. It doesn't take them long to figure out that barking gets them nada out of me. old boss says never give a command you do not enforce..and that includes..NO.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 08-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

I would try giving him lots of praise and treats when he is quiet and immediately ignore him when he barks again.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Top Dog

he dont listen to no when he barks, he just barks at me, and then louder. i would praise him if he was quiet. ever,lol...could it be that he is missing my husband, who has had duty for a while now? hes only home for 5 hrs or so, and sleeps while he's home. magnum jumped all over him yesterday and wouldnt leave his side. his duty will be over tomorrow, and hopefully the barking will stop.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Manchesters

Default Quiet!!!

Quote:
he dont listen to no when he barks, he just barks at me, and then louder. i would praise him if he was quiet. ever,lol...could it be that he is missing my husband, who has had duty for a while now? hes only home for 5 hrs or so, and sleeps while he's home. magnum jumped all over him yesterday and wouldnt leave his side. his duty will be over tomorrow, and hopefully the barking will stop.
A spray bottle of water set on JET STREAM right in the face at the same time you YELL......QUIET!!!!!. Then there is the shake can. And perhaps a mouth full of peanut butter, rofl. THAT should keep him quiet for a long time.

The above ideas will work.....you just have to give them a try. Use all, and alternate them. I have a whole slew of dogs here, and by golly when I tell them quiet, they shut up!! If they are outside barking, I spritz them with the garden hose. Works wonders!!!

And sometimes a good swift fly flap on the butt will work wonders, lol. Don't hurt nuttin' but gets the point across!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

Is he bored? Up until a couple of days ago you had the other dog too, now its just him.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

manchester. thank you for the tips. i will try and see how he reacts...becca, when i had both dogs, they were at each others throats
Old 08-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Manchesters

Default Welllllll.......

Quote:
manchester. thank you for the tips. i will try and see how he reacts...becca, when i had both dogs, they were at each others throats
Being at each other's throats would keep them from being board, rofl.