Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
what does a dog whistle do? would it help? or will it call all dogs to my house? lol
Have a yard full of barking dogs! LOL joking.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-13-2005, 06:23 PM
h2304
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
Have a yard full of barking dogs! LOL joking.
Yea a wistle would attract dogs. Just do what they do to the singing tomcats on the old cartoons. Just throw a boot at it. It is a Rotwiler, a good boot to to head wouldnt hurt it. But I personaly wouldnt do that to my dog.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-13-2005, 06:28 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2304
Yea a wistle would attract dogs. Just do what they do to the singing tomcats on the old cartoons. Just throw a boot at it. It is a Rotwiler, a good boot to to head wouldnt hurt it. But I personaly wouldnt do that to my dog.
I agree with everyone else time to place you on my ignore list have a fun time.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
smkie's Avatar
smkie smkie is offline
pointer/labrador/terrier
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 54,719
Default

does he understand the word NO? is it used consistantly? if you give in sometimes you are sending seriously confusing signals. My dogs do not bark..have never barked..barking is a NO from day one. It isn't tolerated, gets no reward ever..does get a time out and a down..that is the only response no gets. It doesn't take them long to figure out that barking gets them nada out of me. old boss says never give a command you do not enforce..and that includes..NO.
__________________

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary


Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Tobysmom's Avatar
Tobysmom Tobysmom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 565
Default

I would try giving him lots of praise and treats when he is quiet and immediately ignore him when he barks again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-13-2005, 08:10 PM
luvmydogs's Avatar
luvmydogs luvmydogs is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 1,409
Default

he dont listen to no when he barks, he just barks at me, and then louder. i would praise him if he was quiet. ever,lol...could it be that he is missing my husband, who has had duty for a while now? hes only home for 5 hrs or so, and sleeps while he's home. magnum jumped all over him yesterday and wouldnt leave his side. his duty will be over tomorrow, and hopefully the barking will stop.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Manchesters
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Quiet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
he dont listen to no when he barks, he just barks at me, and then louder. i would praise him if he was quiet. ever,lol...could it be that he is missing my husband, who has had duty for a while now? hes only home for 5 hrs or so, and sleeps while he's home. magnum jumped all over him yesterday and wouldnt leave his side. his duty will be over tomorrow, and hopefully the barking will stop.
A spray bottle of water set on JET STREAM right in the face at the same time you YELL......QUIET!!!!!. Then there is the shake can. And perhaps a mouth full of peanut butter, rofl. THAT should keep him quiet for a long time.

The above ideas will work.....you just have to give them a try. Use all, and alternate them. I have a whole slew of dogs here, and by golly when I tell them quiet, they shut up!! If they are outside barking, I spritz them with the garden hose. Works wonders!!!

And sometimes a good swift fly flap on the butt will work wonders, lol. Don't hurt nuttin' but gets the point across!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-13-2005, 08:49 PM
becca_4321's Avatar
becca_4321 becca_4321 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 742
Default

Is he bored? Up until a couple of days ago you had the other dog too, now its just him.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-13-2005, 08:52 PM
luvmydogs's Avatar
luvmydogs luvmydogs is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 1,409
Default

manchester. thank you for the tips. i will try and see how he reacts...becca, when i had both dogs, they were at each others throats
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Manchesters
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Welllllll.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
manchester. thank you for the tips. i will try and see how he reacts...becca, when i had both dogs, they were at each others throats
Being at each other's throats would keep them from being board, rofl.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site