Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Default barking is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the last 2 days magnum has been barking all day at everything, and everyone. he barks for attention, which he gets a lot. he doesnt miss out on anything, and its not the kitty, because the kitten doesnt come out too much, and hardly wants attentionhe barks cus he wants to be outside, then the minute he goes outside he barks again, when i leave,he barks cus he wants to go in then i bring him back in then he barks at me, then he barks at the kids, he constantly barks and i dont know why. i'm about to lose my mind!!!!! he hasnt stopped barking yet.the neighbors complain when he is outside, and they even hear him when he is inside. i'm about to get in trouble with the housing manager..what can i do to make him stop??? a no bark collar???? i dont want to give into his barks, i dont want him to think i bark, and she jumps, but he just doesnt stop! and like i said, hes never satisfied with anything, he barks, even when i give in.please give me some advice
Old 08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
h2304

You should get him a shock collor. My neibor got one for its dog and it hasent barked for 3 years.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:55 PM
GSDGurl

Please dont try a citronnela spray bark collar.They made my Dobermans nose run all the time.The owner before me trained her with one and I had to deal with the after effects.There is a anti bark machine I have used in the past.It makes a high pitched noise only dogs can hear.It worked well for us.It was about $50 at Canadian Tire.Hope you find something that helps though.Thanks Lisa.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

no i dont believe in a shock collar...
Old 08-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Sheperd Gurl
Please dont try a citronnela spray bark collar.They made my Dobermans nose run all the time.The owner before me trained her with one and I had to deal with the after effects.There is a anti bark machine I have used in the past.It makes a high pitched noise only dogs can hear.It worked well for us.It was about $50 at Canadian Tire.Hope you find something that helps though.Thanks Lisa.
could u remember what it was called? i cant find any under "anti bark machine"
Old 08-13-2005, 06:13 PM
GSDGurl

yes it is called Guardian Bark Control.It used a battery.if you try canadiantire.ca i am sure you can have one shipped or find one similar in your area.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:15 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Sheperd Gurl
I have tried that high pitched one before and found for the dog I used it with it changed nothing. He barked just as much but we also had the high pitched sound to deal with. That does not mean it won't work just did not work for this bozzo. Have you tried toys or a stuffed toy or something to take his attention off of the barking.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Top Dog

what does a dog whistle do? would it help? or will it call all dogs to my house? lol
Old 08-13-2005, 06:18 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
what does a dog whistle do? would it help?
I thought dog whistles where more to call the dog to you. If the dog is far away then the high pitched sound it emittes which we can not hear they hear and theoretically come. Does not always work?
Old 08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
h2304

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
what does a dog whistle do? would it help? or will it call all dogs to my house? lol
A dog wistle is a istument that plays a very high piched tone. Humans cannot hear it. I have one Blow it one to get their attention. Blow it a buch of time to make them howl.