Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 AM
treehugging clicker freak

I liked Biogroom before I got ahold of Buddy &/or Earthbath

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM
just call me Nilly

I have Spa Renew at home right now for Sierra (and the cats, when I'm brave enough and they're stinky enough for a bath).

I like it, but I prefer Buddy Wash.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

I really liked Bio-groom for smell It lasted a good 2 week's on my Silky. My Yorkie had an allergic reaction so we stopped using it.

I just got Tropi-clean The smell is amazing while there in the bath After there dry, they just smell clean Nothing amazing. Since it's soap free & gentle I will keep using, it Also left them REALLY shiny & soft.
We got the berry.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Salty Sea Dog

i just bought some groomers edge shampoos and conditioner from kings...
love the price and the stuff i bought is also high dilution...32:1 plus it does NOT contain lanolin which with the cresties is a big concern (most cresties are allergic)

i am thus far impressed, smells great in bath and its now a good 4 hours since, still smell it, nice but not over powering (i dont like a strong smell)...ill let you know how its going in a week smell wise...

i paid 6.99 for a 16oz bottle...and it dilutes 32:1 effectivly, nice suds at that dilution too!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Lord Cynical

BioGroom is great - it's what I'm using now - but I reeeeallly like Nature's Specialties.

Laur, are you ok with ordering it online? I know a cheapish source for Buddy Wash online... KV Pet & Equine / KV HealthLinks - Dog, Cat and Horse Supplies, Pet Meds and Nutritio

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 PM
FluffyZooCrew

During flea season, I use dawn dish soap a lot, since it kills flea's.

I use a lot of Tropi-Clean's products. I find they smell great, and leave coats shiny and soft. For Jake, who has a lot of allergies and dander, I use the Oxy-Med made by Tropi-Clean, I use both the shampoo and the oatmeal medicated conditioner. I love it!

I also use a lot of Kenic brand products, which are all natural. I use their conditioning protein shampoo, which I love. It makes my guy's coats smell so great, and their hair is so soft. I also use their Emu oil spray, which gives them a great smell, and shiny coats.

I used to use Earth Bath, because it smells great and is all natural. But like Laurelin, I noticed that smell didn't last at all, and some of my guys were smelling later on that same day. I also found that it didn't seem to clean them as well, some of them still felt kinda dirty, and their coats weren't as shiny as other shampoo's.

So, I really recommend the Tropi-Clean line and the Kenic line as well.