Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-07-2004, 11:28 AM

Default Anyone with doggie treat recipes????

My sister-in-law used to have a recipe when they had their little 'Bud' Manchester terrier.......but she lost it.

Serena.......maybe you have something totally healthy for my pups??? I know I can count on you.

How can I try to train them..........when they aren't impressed with doggie biscuits?? They just look at me like I'm lame. LOL Soooo...you supposedly give a command.........treat the behavior........do I have this right???..BUT...they think the treat sucks.......so then what?? lol Give me some people food they might respond to..... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Show Dog

any kind of meat, should work, I know my dogs love ham, stack, liver, stuff like that.

check this site out http://www.recipesource.com/misc/pet-food/dog/ maybe it will help you find something they like
Old 09-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Are you dead yet?

My puppy goes CRAZY over the old mother hubbard treats, but for Ripley, I grind up some raw chicken (or turkey or pork) and mold it into little tiny balls. I stick 1 green bean in each one, I usually snap it in 2 or 3 pieces so the pieces are smaller for him to chew. (HE LOVES green beans) and put a dot of nutri-cal (A vitamin supplement) on the top. Then I freeze them and give Ripley 4-5 a day.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:47 PM

Thanks all! Serena, ,my cat goes bonkers for cheese......so my dogs will, too??? I'm confused.....been trying to read up on nutrition and feeding...but, my vet said NEVER...NEVER give people food. EVER..........his words. Soooo.....what am I to do? I want my babes to have good nutrition. and love their dinner. I know.........lots have been said about diet here. LOL Can you blame me or anyone else for wondering.........when the vet says...kibble only...NOTHING else...EVER. EVER. Not that I am a vet fanatic.....have had my share of trauma there.....and I continue to look...til I am happy.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
Thanks all! Serena, ,my cat goes bonkers for cheese......so my dogs will, too??? I'm confused.....been trying to read up on nutrition and feeding...but, my vet said NEVER...NEVER give people food. EVER..........his words. Soooo.....what am I to do? I want my babes to have good nutrition. and love their dinner. I know.........lots have been said about diet here. LOL Can you blame me or anyone else for wondering.........when the vet says...kibble only...NOTHING else...EVER. EVER. Not that I am a vet fanatic.....have had my share of trauma there.....and I continue to look...til I am happy.
Vet, schmet! If you're eating healthy, nutritious foods they're going (with a few toxic exceptions) to be healthy for your dog - or cat for that matter.

If you're a Twinky and Cheetos and bologna on white bread eater, by all means, DON'T share your food with your pets, and make sure they're provided for in the will . . .

But we know you better than than, Debi!