Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Ass Lover

Default ButtGumbo doesn't like Pits?

Got a couple PMs regarding this...thought I would clear the air.

First off. I have nothing against the breed and think they are great friggin dogs, provided a sound breeding, good training and responsible ownership.

I simply don't like the way they look. That's it. We all have our likes and dislikes, and I just don't find them attractive. I dislike Boxers for the same reason. And Pugs, Shi Tzsus, and bulldogs.

I wouldn't turn away a stray or anything, but while choosing a dog, they aren't near the top of my list.

I will, as always, defend the breed as a quality dog though.

-Kev (Not a Hater)
Old 09-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Felurian

Well said.

Beware, though! German Shepherds and that type of dog have always been my favorite. I never had the least desire for a big dog with loose skin or any kind of Mastiff look. Charley never liked the German Shepherd.

Bimmer's completely won Charley over. Charley brags about Bimmer more than I do, even. The two of them are thick as thieves.

The Filas have me utterly besotted and, much to Charley's chagrin, stick right by me. When we come home, if he opens the door first, they'll plow right past him to get to me.

So, beware . . . somewhere down the line, whatever you think you don't prefer will get you . . . and you will become . . . (insert Jaws' music). . . an Enthusiast.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:55 PM

Yep, see...you just never know. My hubby told me for years he didn't like cats. PERIOD. I mentioned that I have the priviledge of having the most hateful cat in the universe living with me..........and he LOVES that cat. Go figure.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Wolfpack

Cool My tom cat

You know...That's true.I didn't like cats in the past because I just didn't know how they can be.But my mom adopted one and at first I thought we're going to keep him for a while and then we'll give him away.But that didn't worked because I just fell in love with him.He's the best.
I know that one night I was so sick (I threw up all night) and my stomach hurt bad.And from the pain I was curling and moving in bed.Usually if I did this he would just go away,but then (probably he sensed there was something wrong) he got even closer to me,to my stomach and kept me warm.I couldn't belive that.He managed to calm me down a little bit.But you know...I couldn't belive that.
And you know that now I love him soooo much.He's just the perfect tom cat!
Hugs,Nicco

Old 09-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Are you dead yet?

Heh, I know what you mean too, and I agree with Renee. I have a very obnoxious little dog, of a breed that my dad swore looked like rats with wigs, and after a week of the 'rat' being in the house, he would call that rat and hold him.

So yeah, beware.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Show Dog

There are some dogs I just canít stand to look at (Iím not tell you what breed they are ) anyway my family makes fun of my sheltie Lexi, they say we have the only Rat dog in the world, they donít admit it but they love her everyone has their likes and dislikes.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Felurian

Oh, Grace, "rats with wigs!" I've got to remember that! Your Dad must have a great sense of humor.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Are you dead yet?

LOL dad's 'humor' makes me mad sometimes, he's making fun of my baby!!

He also called Ripley "Cousin it (from the addams family) with a bat tangled up on top of his head".

Poor Ripper... So tormented. lol
Old 09-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Top Dog

I think pit bulls are gorgeous and i never want them to change in appearance or their wonderful nature. I love em to bits..

sorry..just had to throw that in being one of the few pit owners on the board..lol what'd u expect?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip's Girl
LOL dad's 'humor' makes me mad sometimes, he's making fun of my baby!!

He also called Ripley "Cousin it (from the addams family) with a bat tangled up on top of his head".

Poor Ripper... So tormented. lol
I'll just bet the two of them are thicker than thieves - and twice as much trouble!