Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

My mom actually has a book written about the events there. It was sick.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Top Dog

Oh Jess! I'm blind. I did read it as all you could see was the eek smiley. LOL. I never was too bright though.

Yes, that would be cool to be able to buy the place if it were in good shape and turn it into some kind of tourist thing. Nah...I was just looking at much more modest sized homes and some small pieces of land. I thought the area is really pretty. But don't know too much about it.

When I was visiting in Seattle all last month and a little during the months before and after, I went on the underground Seattle tour, something I hadn't done since I was about 9 years old and heck, I lived there for about 40 years. There's so much I hadn't seen. Anyhow, that tour was fantastically interesting and the commentary was so hilarious that it was like going to a very good comedy club to boot.

Anyhow, that sort of sparked my interest in the history of places around there. And I'm always thinking about moving in the next couple of years over that-a-way cuz most of my family is over there around Seattle. So, since I can't afford to be too close to Seattle, (very expensive) I've been looking at surrounding places including over on the Olympic Peninsula...Sequim, specifically. Now there's a town! It's very cool.

So, this story was ooooooh so creepy.

And Reease of the hounds....I doubt that you'd want to be 50 LBS like that poor woman. You'd best stay away from that place. LOL.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

I think I told you this before, Carrie, but my mom always wanted to retire to Sequim. She thought it was about the coolest place in the world. She was a naturalist and nature photographer and she truly loved the Olympic paninsula.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 01-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

Oh! I missed a bunch of your posts. No, I wasn't looking at that for purchase. But now that you mention it, Drmom..that's a great idea. A bed and breakfast would have a much quicker turn-over of patients....I mean customers. LOL.

Did you read that book Pixi?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Yes, Drmom. I remember you telling me that. It is an amazing place...beautiful and a real climate phenomenon.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Yes, that would be cool to be able to buy the place if it were in good shape and turn it into some kind of tourist thing.
Reason number 7523952 why I am just not right.

If I had the money and was looking to buy a place in that area I would consider this property not because I would want to turn it into some tourist attraction but because I would live there myself if I liked the way it looked.

I am strange like that.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

oh, and of the off chance you do open something like that and I stop by to lose a couple pounds, don't murder me please. I may make good money, but I also owe a lot too so I don't really have any. But I'd be happy to leave some weight behind, that I can spare. But not too much.

I looked at some pics of those people though an they look like they had end stage cancer or something. It's amazing what people will pay to have done to themselves, and it's not a new phenomenon apparently.

and yeah, it is funny that she opened it up 8 years later and went about her business like nothing ever happened. I wonder though if things have really changed considering the amount of people that die from taking the "right" drugs today and toss in medical malpractice on top of it??? There's probably a lot of doctors I wouldn't want to see.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:41 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny82 View Post
Reason number 7523952 why I am just not right.

If I had the money and was looking to buy a place in that area I would consider this property not because I would want to turn it into some tourist attraction but because I would live there myself if I liked the way it looked.

I am strange like that.
I would do the same thing...