Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Top Dog

Default Starvation Heights

I was looking online at the town of Olalla Washington as I found some pretty real estate listings. When I clicked within a site to "things to do in Olalla," I came across this interesting but very chilling historic horror story. Creepy....

http://www.visitkitsap.com/includes/...=54&ThingID=66

Then click on " go to website."
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Who woulda thought <3

all I can say is OMG...

Last edited by jess2416; 01-28-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Top Dog

Don't you see the link I put underneath?

Quote:
I was looking online at the town of Olalla Washington as I found some pretty real estate listings. When I clicked within a site to "things to do in Olalla," I came across this interesting but very chilling historic horror story. Creepy....

http://www.visitkitsap.com/includes/...=54&ThingID=66

Then click on " go to website."
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Just try me..

Creepy!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

I think she meant say instead of see ~~

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Top Dog

I should probably visit. Not because I need to be cured, but because this winter has been unusually cruel to my belly. Or maybe I've just become lazy, but I could use a bit of "therapy" I think.

At first I thought you said you were looking at property and came across this listing, so I was frantically trying to see how much they wanted for the place. It would be cool to open something like that up again, but different, if you know what I mean.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
I think she meant say instead of see ~~
yep thats what I meant whoops

*goes to edit*
Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

I just read the accompanying article. I am most fascinated by the fact that after Dr Hazzard was convicted and served her time (8 years apparently) she went back and built her fancy sanitarium and just continued as if nothing had ever happened.

Didn't people do even the most basic checking into a place before checking in? Would you visit a sanitarium run by someone who had served time for murdering her patients to get their money?

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
At first I thought you said you were looking at property and came across this listing, so I was frantically trying to see how much they wanted for the place. It would be cool to open something like that up again, but different, if you know what I mean.
LOL I was also trying to find the price of the property.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I should probably visit. Not because I need to be cured, but because this winter has been unusually cruel to my belly. Or maybe I've just become lazy, but I could use a bit of "therapy" I think.

So you suggest Carrie open a bed and breakfast or something and murder the guests and take their money? Hmmmmm...could be lucrative. A really creative money making scheme--and way faster as a way of creating wealth than actually trying to run a bed and breakfast, too.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused