Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-28-2009, 03:25 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
He is very cute. I'm not partial to chihuahuas personally, but he's got quite the character to him!

I'm going to spout that I also rather disagree with your choice of taking the pup at this time in your life, as you have a new baby on the way and are fighting finances as it is. I just hope it doesn't come down to rehoming Truffles, or one of your other dogs, just because new puppy pulled the finances even lower.

THAT SAID, I'm not trying to bash, I just want to voice my opinion, and hope you make the right decisions for you and your family.
This.

He is very cute! I wish you the best with him, and I hope your interview went well! I missed seeing pics of reggin and madison.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post

If I was pregnant with my second child, lost my job and were having a really hard time financially....
But you're NOT, are you? It's so easy to judge others but you really have no idea until you've experienced it yourself. Life happens and opinions change.. for your sake (and others) I hope you are never in such a position so that you will never come to face to face with people like yourself. It would be a harsh reality and eye-opening at the same time.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Taxiderpy

Reg he's adorable.

And for what it's worth, I don't think you're making a terrible mistake bringing him home. You're a perfectly capable dog owner and mother, and he was already paid for. For crying out loud people, how much does a 1 pound dog eat?

A lot of people on here said I was making a very bad decision to get Strider, Aurelia was 2 weeks old, Robert and I had both just lost our jobs, ended up moving 1200 miles a couple of months later, etc. but it turned out to be the very best choice we could have made. You know your own limits and situation better than anybody else on here, so don't let anybody make you feel bad about it.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Yorkie Love

I agree no one knows anyone elses situation.

I think people are mostly upset that one dog had to be rehomed in a sense in order to bring this dog in.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
I agree no one knows anyone elses situation.

I think people are mostly upset that one dog had to be rehomed in a sense in order to bring this dog in.
Pebbles has gone to stay with her mom before, and I never got the impression that she was going to stay there permanently.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Top Dog

I'm confused ..... isn't Pebbles her Mom's dog ?? I don't think that she's rehoming any dogs !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Island dweller

Who is being rehomed? No one as far as I know. And I'm not sure why anyone feels qualified to tell anyone else how to live their lives. No one but Reggin and her family are in that situation and I've never known Reggin to make any of her dogs suffer so what's the deal? Chances are that this little guy will be with her for a long time. If it's a healthy little pup (crosses toes) then it will not add much to her expenses at all and if she has to move a chihuahua will adapt to apartment life (or wherever) quite well. There are plenty of things that could go wrong with any of our dogs (crosses toes) that would test anyone's budget but we still allow ourselves the joy of having them.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Island dweller

Oh sorry Reggin. That pup is C-U-T-E. Congrats! I was never a huge fan of chihuahuas until my boss had one. We fell in love and now I adore them
Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Yorkie Love

I said "rehomed in a sense"... she had to give Pebbles to her mother... while it is not actually being rehomed... giving one dog to someone else, anyone else, so that you can take on another doesnt seem right.

Yes, anything could happen to anyone tmrw... but I can say for a fact that I wouldnt give Armani to anyone, even my parents who would treat him like gold, to take on a new dog that didnt even know me.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Pebbles has gone to stay with her mom before, and I never got the impression that she was going to stay there permanently.
I'd say this is likely the case. It isn't rehoming pebbles to keep truffles. It sounds like she is at her mothers or with her mother a lot of the time and it's probably just as much convenience to not drag her back and forth as anything else.

Not only that, she stated that pebbles gets aggravated with the pup right now and perhaps staying at her mothers provides more quiet time that she wants?? IDK...

At least that's the way it seemed to me..........I could be wrong on that.