Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
You do know that that very thing could happen to ANY of us at any given time. You can shake your head and say "not to me" but YES IT COULD. Your parents could lose their jobs, be injured, any number of things could go wrong.........it's just how it is.

So should we just not say "cute pup" to anyone anymore because their situation could change tomorrow?

Yes, she is in a tight spot right now and things don't look so good. But that could literally change tomorrow. Her boyfriend's company could pick back up and he could be working 40 hours a week, she could get the job at Sears and have enough to make ends meet. Sh!t, she could hit the lotto and never have to worry again..........life is full of variables.

She doesn't have to have enough money to show the puppy, just enough to provide a roof, food, and vet care.

The pup was already paid for, isn't suffering, going hungry or without vet care, and it can go back to the breeder anytime.
But she just said in her other thread that she may have to move to low income housing and get rid of Reggin.

And you know what? My family has been affected by the whole crappy thing thats going on with this country.

It's not that she should keep her dogs or rehome them! No. Thats not what I'm saying at ALL. What I'm saying is SHE is posting that she's having finacial trouble YET she still got the pup.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
But she just said in her other thread that she may have to move to low income housing and get rid of Reggin.

And you know what? My family has been affected by the whole crappy thing thats going on with this country.

It's not that she should keep her dogs or rehome them! No. Thats not what I'm saying at ALL. What I'm saying is SHE is posting that she's having finacial trouble YET she still got the pup.

Do you know that things can change? Do you know what it's like to be so down and out that the only thing to lift your spirits is your dog? I would hope not, but if you do, then maybe you can think about how reggin will care for the dog and love the dog and do what she can for the dog, instead of her hard times thread. The dog has food, water, love, attention, has been vetted and properly cared for. That's all that anyone should ever ask for. I suggest you stop being so judgmental, it's not cool and very unlike you.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Top Dog

Chihuahuas hardly cost a thing to feed. Everything associated with them is in smaller amounts so it's not bound to cost much at all to care for this pup...at least not for a while, barring any unforeseen health issues.

Anyhow, he is an adorable wee one. Be careful though, with the two boys as this puppy matures. It's easy to get too confident and forget to supervise. I hope whatever is going on in your life (I missed that other thread) will improve soon. I enjoyed the pictures immensely.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Top Dog

Reggin is so cute with it! He's like "MOM A LIVE SQUEAKY TOY THAT PLAYS BACK?!?!"

Nikki said everything I wanted to

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Sit! Good dog.

He got so big so quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super cute though
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Active Pup

Adorable! look at how reggin is so gentle with the little puppy! sooner or later he's going to be a doggy superstar lol =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueavs...e=channel_page
Old 01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
:( only one :(

Oh my goodness, he's so small! What a cutie!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Wookie Collie

He is very cute. I'm not partial to chihuahuas personally, but he's got quite the character to him!

I'm going to spout that I also rather disagree with your choice of taking the pup at this time in your life, as you have a new baby on the way and are fighting finances as it is. I just hope it doesn't come down to rehoming Truffles, or one of your other dogs, just because new puppy pulled the finances even lower.

THAT SAID, I'm not trying to bash, I just want to voice my opinion, and hope you make the right decisions for you and your family.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Do you know that things can change? Do you know what it's like to be so down and out that the only thing to lift your spirits is your dog? I would hope not, but if you do, then maybe you can think about how reggin will care for the dog and love the dog and do what she can for the dog, instead of her hard times thread. The dog has food, water, love, attention, has been vetted and properly cared for. That's all that anyone should ever ask for. I suggest you stop being so judgmental, it's not cool and very unlike you.
I'm just a bit mad that she's been posting what a hard time she's having (and I feel for you, Reggin. My dad just took a pay cut, too) yet she still got the new puppy.

Thats all. I won't say anything else about it.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Top Dog

I didn't say my opinion, but I also agree with everyone who has stated it was a horrible choice to bring a puppy into your home at this time Reggin. He should have stayed with the breeder.

If I was pregnant with my second child, lost my job and were having a really hard time financially to the point I would have to move, and possibly get rid of my current dogs because I couldn't afford to feed them or care for them anymore..The LAST Thing I would do was get another puppy. Not to mention, it seems both of you will have to work AND pay for childcare.

Not the best move IMO.