Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Big German Shepherd

I never got that. What the hell is the point in having a dog if it's just going to be tied up outside the whole time?

I mean, seriously.. no one I know has ever been able to answer that, lol.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
I never got that. What the hell is the point in having a dog if it's just going to be tied up outside the whole time?

I mean, seriously.. no one I know has ever been able to answer that, lol.

Its one of those un-answerable questions. Like the whole chicken vs. egg thing.lol
Old 08-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Show Dog

That's sad. Just try and give the Hum. Soc. a call; it couldn't hurt. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs. We have a neighbor who let their dog run around the neighborhood. We've talked to them about it and the Hum. Soc. has as well but they still let him run. He has since been hit by a car (not bad) and I haven't seen him out as much lately. Hopefully they've learned something from such a sad incident...
Old 08-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Twin 2.0

I wonder that too. I mean, I'm used to country dogs that are outside day and night, but they're out running around keeping the foxes out of the chicken coop and stuff like that. Town people....I couldn't begin to guess. Maybe they want the prestige of having a dog without acutally "having" a dog. Dogs mean drool and hair and chew toys and more and more people don't want to have to deal with all that.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Well I went to the animal control and told them and they went and talked to the owner's (I saw their truck). I asked for a call back but I don't think they'll call me. I hope something good came of this though.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
Well I went to the animal control and told them and they went and talked to the owner's (I saw their truck). I asked for a call back but I don't think they'll call me. I hope something good came of this though.

I'm sure they will straighten up. I mean, whats the point in being that stubborn?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Show Dog

Good for you Juliefurry. You should be proud of yourself for caring so much!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:16 AM
no touchy

I know someone who chains their lab to a dog house 24/7. It bugs the heck out of me.....I feel like grabbing the dog and keeping him......giving him a nice warm bath to get all the poop off of him, lots of food to fill him up, and a ton of attention to replace the attention he rarely got.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Rusty but Trusty

The dogs haven't been outside today. I walked by there a few times and they weren't out. I think I heard barking from inside though (may have been the neighbors house though). Maybe they straightened them out.

Old 08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I hope they learned something from the HS coming out to speak with them. I was thinking all through this thread... if the bitches are indeed pregnant how would the owners ever know if they went into labour. They are out in the backyard alone all day so no one is going to see them if they start having their puppies. I HOPE this visit from the HS helped. Hopefully they aren't the type of people that will just bring the dog in for the day in case the HS comes back and then put her back outside again. I hope if you see this that you will call the HS again. I hope those puppies turn out ok

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney