Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

Default There's dog treats in the ice cream aisle!

So yeah, had to try it out, lol. Its from Purina. Here are the ingredients, don't really care though, since its just a treat....I mean candy ain't all that good for us either, but not bad for us every once in a while.

Product Details:
Nutritious snacks your dog will love! Frozen treats for dogs. No sugar added. High quality protein. Fetch a frozen treat your dog will love! Nutrition you'll love too! High quality protein. Fortified with vitamins and minerals. No artificial flavors or colors.

Ingredients:
Water, Dried Whey, Soy Flour, Animal Fat (Preserved with BHA and BHT), Dried Whey Product, Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Vegetable Fat, Soy Lecithin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mono-Diglycerides, Carboxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 60, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, and Folic Acid.

Directions:
Ready to eat! Just open cup of Frosty Paws Frozen Treats for Dogs, and turn the cup upside down and pop the contents into your dog's dish. Some Frosty Paws Frozen Treats in the freezer just like ice cream! Keep frozen until served.

Product Description:
Purina Frozen Treats for Dogs, Frosty Paws, Original 14 fl. oz.

But is there much harm feeding your dog real ice cream? Because I could of sooooo bought me some ice cream and shared with my dogs and instead I got the dogs ice cream and I do not want them to share it with me lol, nor did they want to haha.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Aroooooo!

my dogs LOVE those in the summer :-)

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Yorkie Love

There is no harm in sharing ice cream with your dog but some dont tolerate dairy.

My first poodle always had a dish of vanilla ice cream in the summer when we went to a stand, she was fine... Bella had diarrhea everywhere the first time we gave it to her... so no more for her... Elle is okay with small amounts and Mr. Iron stomach can eat any amount.

As far as those treats I dont know anything about them but Purina scares me.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

Thanks everyone for your input...I got runny poo this morning, so not trying this again blech.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

Have used Frosty Paws for years for special occasions . They loved them !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Top Dog

Frosty Paws have been around a LONG time. Never caused a problem for either of our dogs, although it kind of weirds me out that it doesn't melt...gross.

I now get http://www.yoghund.com/ as a summer treat instead. Ingredients I understand, and smells so darn good, I've been really tempted to try it!

Old 01-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

It doesn't melt??? Wow.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

Mines melted?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

Really? I left a container on the counter for over 30 minutes one day (was about to head out the door and got sidetracked) and it was still the same texture it was when I took it out of the freezer. Maybe a little softer, but still sort of hard-ice creamy. Just weirded me out a bit. Like I said, I look at the ingredients in Yogund and it seems like the smarter choice. Plus when I went to find there website, saw that they now offer a second flavor...mmmm. Meg's only had the peanut butter/banana one.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

All I know is that my dog's eyes glazed over with pure joy with Frosty Paws .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/