Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

heh... I don't know what Lea meant. I assumed it meant that she was sympathetic with them, and would try to correct the problem. But that's just my interpretation. You'll have to ask her what exactly she meant by that.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:17 PM

Wow I didnt realize what a sexist I am. I kept saying "he" could very well be a she. Sorry if I offended anyone

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 08-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Oh, like a woman would do something like that. Clearly it had to be a man! lol!
Old 08-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Twin 2.0

I wish I could have sent a pamplet to the people across the alley at my other house. They had a GSD that was kept in a 9x6 chainlink enclosure and I'm pretty sure the only contact it got was when someone came out to feed it. I can't say, because I never saw it get fed. Anyway, this dog would bark CONSTANTLY. Day, night, blue moon or no, it was barking. And GSD barks are loud and carry quite well. Lucky me had my window on that side of the house and had to keep the window open to keep the room at a decent temperature just about year round.

Calling Animal Control didnt' do much, so I bought ear plugs instead.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 08-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

When the new pitt moved next to me , ( out side my bedroom window ) it barked all night long. I realized it was a new home for the poor baby, and put up with it. A wek later he was quiet all night. My backyard neighbors have 3 dogs and they and Chip do vocalize when all are out. I let it go for about 5 minutes and then tell Chip to cool it. I do agree, if there's a dog that is barking just for the sake of barking or in need of water/food/attention, bring it to the attention of the owner. Not that it's a bother for you, but you're worried about the dog.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Twin 2.0

I've since moved, but AC basically said that since the dog had 'adequate shelter' (a wooden box kennel with a blue plastic tarp to keep off the rain/sun) and didn't appear to be in dire need of food and it had a water bowl, then there was nothing they could do. Barking noise complaints are at the bottom of the list for officers. If it's not barking when they drive by, then they do nothing.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Rusty but Trusty

I'm very sorry that someone poisoned your dog. I understand where you are coming from but I also understand where your neighbors are coming from. Dogs are dogs and dogs are going to bark. You can't tell a dog that it's not ok to bark, that's like telling a person it's not ok to talk. No amount of training will train a dog not to bark ever agian. Although some people find barking distracting and innapropriate (especially those who don't own dogs). People who don't own dogs usually don't own them for a reason (they don't want to put up with the mess and all the noise that comes along with a dog). So people who don't own dogs feel like they shouldn't have to put up with someone else's dog barking or messing in their yard. That is why a dog barking law is in place. Although I don't think it was good that the people poisoned your poor pup.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Top Dog

ok guys, i t would have been easy for me to stop him to bark . he was a weird dog he didnt bark on his own at nothing, he barked when we would play with him outside..occasionally u have to realise he probably did 10 barks per week(and by ten barks i mean ONE ruff! equaled one bark, it was one bark by saying "hey c'mon and play!". he was extremely friendly and a happy dog. well i understand and my parent have complained about this barking of another dog, but they went up to him and told him, . i cant remember the letter guys but almost every word was very offensive!-all that i can say is they definetly knew us where they got the information from but twisted it to sound mean.
i would understand if my dog barked at nothing and they gave us a note please saying to stop our dog from barking,, then saying they dont want to say their name cuz they dont know how we would react...THATS FINE. The point is there letter was nothing of the sort , and the point isu dont know what WEIRD ppeople (hence the word "weird neighbours" are going to do.... yes buckshot could have been anybody but naturally my thoughts linger to the person who wrote this note
thanku Mellissa, exactly what i meant!!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
yuckaduck

Barking dogs falls under the noise by-laws of your township. Here where I live it is not more than 15 mins of contiuous barking. First time it is a warning, second time it is a $150 fine and third time they are allowed to remove the dog. Been there with a dog we babysat for three weeks. We ended up muzzling the dog most of the time, because even the shocking bark collar did not stop him. I was so happy to see his daddy pick him up. They live in the country and at the time I was in an apartment building, big difference. Poor dog, he goes to kennels now instead because he can bark there and no problems or complaints.

Me I could care less, dogs bark it is the way it is and complaining just seems silly. I know that once in awhile my neighbours dog [pup] will get yapping, but I just turn the tv on and problem solved. Why bother worrying because maybe Yuck barks once in awhile too she doesn't complain.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Dog Spoiler

My neighbor is a jack@$$. He complains about dogs barking, even when its not my dogs, to me. We've been in numerous verbal fights and hes threatened me many times. I had to threaten him back so he doesn't try anything with my dogs.

I don't understand my other neighbor with a baby has never complained but this guy happens to hear every single noise my dog makes.