Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Water Junkie

Blaze gets 1 cup Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete twice a day.

Lately though he's getting kibble for one meal then raw for the other. Same with Lizzie and Jake.

Jake gets 1/2 cup of the same kibble twice a day unless I give raw.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Top Dog

One 1/2 cup and half of 1/2 cup of kirkland lamb meal kibble a day.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
My dogs are free fed, and I have quite a few very lean, fit, good looking bodied dogs! (But I do have a fatty as well).
I think you misread the question. . . I was asking the amount of food each dog eats per meal. If you free feed, that's fine, but it's really not applicable to this thread. I'm trying to get an idea of how much food most people feed their dogs at a time. Not per day... but per meal. (Although for the people who feed only one meal per day, that's basically the same thing.)
Old 01-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I'm trying to get an idea of how much food most people feed their dogs at a time. Not per day... but per meal. (Although for the people who feed only one meal per day, that's basically the same thing.)
I usually feed once a day, but sometimes I switch them to twice a day feeding. I feed once a day in the evening because I don't generally have time to feed in the morning on work days and on days off, I do a lot of training and I don't want full bellies.

I switch to twice a day feedings when the mals need more than 3 cups a day because they don't do as well eating more than that in one sitting. I also am trying to change my routine to get in the habit of always feeding twice a day because I am starting to see Ares have difficulty with once a day feeding, probably some sort of change to the digestive system as he gets older.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

Two meals a day for each of the girls. Noodle gets 3/4 cup of EVO in the morning and a 3 oz can of Tiki dog at night.

Allie and Ruby each get one cup of EVO in the morning and a 1/2 cup at night, along with 7 oz of Tiki dog canned at night.

I might cut back on the big girls though....Noodle I give her as much as she can handle...she's very, very lean.

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 01-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Top Dog

Keira is fed twice a day and eats 1 1/2 cups per meal (of California Natural Chicken & Rice - with water mixed in).

The Tollers eat raw, and I don't really know how much per meal. I don't measure/weigh their food. I just feed what looks about right, and it works for us.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Taxiderpy

Strider gets 2-3 cups once in the morning and once in the evening. It usually comes out to around 5 cups total. It's TOTW.

Then on top of that he gets dog-safe scraps, raw, and home cooked because for some reason he can't/doesn't ingest enough kibble to keep the weight on. He gets fish oil 2x day as well. The additional food is probably between 1-3 cups on top of the kibble.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Big Dog

Bella is fed twice a day. She gets 1 cup Inova kibble with a spoonful of Inova canned mixed in. I add spritz of warm water to wet it a bit. I follow the feeding guidelines on the bag, (Bella is about 50#). She's doing very well on it.

Bella Shepherd/Rotti mix??
Old 01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Felurian

Kharma gets between 3.5 and 4 cups a day, depending on how how cold it is, what she's doing that day, what kind of extras she's eaten that day or the day before, split between two meals.

Bimmer gets 2.75-3 cups, same drill.

Tallulah about the same as Bimmer, since she's just now stopped growing and we're still making up for lost ground from what an underweight little beast she was when she came to me.

They all eat EVO RM.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

I feed Ollie once a day ....a little under 2 cups of kibble , and about a cup of good leftovers or about a 1/3 of a small can of canned . Water to make soupy . Small dog cookies as rewards in the morning . I should cut back , but I'm a softy !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/