Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Bored Now.

Default How much do you feed per meal?

Like... amounts of kibble, raw, home-cooked or canned food per meal, and with or without water.

I feed Middie anywhere from 1/2 cup per meal to 2 cups in a single meal. It depends upon the day and how I space meals out.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:37 AM
MyHorseMyRules

I feed about one pound of raw per dog each meal.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:39 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Hmm. It depends, really.

Banzai gets a cup and half of kibble every morning. Then he gets a 1 1/2 lbs of his fresh food, along with a can of canned food and/or salmon and/or sardines for dinner. He's also been known to have some of Bella's oatmeal or HK with dinner. Of course he won't get all of those things, but he gets a pretty big meal.

Bella gets either a can of food in the morning or a turkey neck and for dinner gets a lb of turkey, some oatmeal and HK.

Buddy is pretty random and he's fed all raw and you didn't ask about that, so I won't get into the details.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Bored Now.

No, no! Raw is fine! My curiosity is primarily for kibble-feeders, so I wasn't thinking when I posted that. I just wanted approximate measurements. I'll edit to include raw feeders and home-cooked ones. Sorry, you two.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:58 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Haha, I wasn't feeling left out or anything. I just thought you didn't want to know.

Buddy gets between 1 and 2 lbs of raw food daily. Depending on amount of exercise, etc.. Actually, I think most of our money goes to feeding this crew. Now that I have typed most of it out.. sheesh...

Old 01-18-2009, 01:07 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Keeda gets 1 scoop of dry, it's not really a whole cup, and a piece of raw(usually chicken) She only gets fed once a day, and she normally doesn't finish all the dry.

Midget gets 1 1/2 scoops of dry in the AM, and 1 scoop plus a piece of raw in the pm
Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Haha, I wasn't feeling left out or anything. I just thought you didn't want to know.

Buddy gets between 1 and 2 lbs of raw food daily. Depending on amount of exercise, etc.. Actually, I think most of our money goes to feeding this crew. Now that I have typed most of it out.. sheesh...
Hey, that's how we feel, too. The canned cat food is obscenely expensive, and my mother nearly fainted when she saw how much Orijen costs. Once we're out of the bag Middie is on Kirkland for a long, long while.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

I feed kibble:

Ares and Morgan get 1-2 cups a day, Tyr and Nyx get 3-4 cups a day. It varies depending on how active they've been and the weather (I increase it if they're out in the cold a lot).

I add water to that, about a cup for Ares and Morgan and about 2-3 cups for Nyx and Tyr. Mainly because Piper liked it that way, and I needed to do whatever it took to get Piper to eat. When the others saw it, they wanted their food like hers I don't soak it, it's just water and kibble. Like pouring milk on a bowl of cereal.

Occasionally I'll add half a big can or a whole small can to their food, but not very often because I can't afford to buy that many cans.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 01-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm on a boat..

Aesop: 1 1/2 c in the morning and 2 cups at night
Ginger: 1/8 c morning and evening
Jules:1/2 c at night
and the wee squirt gets a 1/2 c morning and evening
Old 01-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire!

Shye gets two cups Kirkland mix... which is half lamb and rice and half chicken and rice and one cup TOTW with venison.... I forget the name of it. Sometimes I toss Shye an extra cup of Kirkland as his metabolism seems to run a lot higher than River's.

River gets three cups Kirkland mix.

Both pups (Ransom and Azure) are getting as much as they want to eat right now twice a day. Though I'd like Azzy to eat more and Ransom to eat less. I'm currently working on splitting their feed into two different bowls. They are less than thrilled by this prospect.

Each cat gets what amounts to prolly a half cup of kibble which is 4/5 kirkland and 1/5 TOTW. Xander stops eating if I feed him the same thing every day so I have to keep mixing in just a bit of something else to keep him interested. Dang finicky cat!

Thanks to Sizzledog for le Siggy D'AWESOME!
Abusing Animals and Feeding CRAP since.... ALWAYS!