Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-14-2004, 07:12 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicco
So this is my point.And I think that people who want a dog just because it's the latest "fasion" and they don't know what a great responsability it can be,are to be blamed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiepups
welcome to the forums, cockers are sooo cute! Anyway I agree with nicco that the owners are to blame some of the time, I also agree with Renee, do not discriminate, it all depends on the owner, breeder, and stuff like that.
Exactly!
(I'm so proud of myself for not sounding like I was too awfully upset at seaecho, I tried hard not to yell, but believe you and me I deffinatly was mad!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 ~ ME!
People think that they can get the perfect little cocker puppy (this is happening to Labs and goldens too!) and expect it to grow into the perfect adult without any training or socailization.
I often ask myself why people do this, and I'm sorry, but the only answer I can come up with is they are Dumb! Stupid! A couple other words I shouldn't say/type aloud!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 09-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Top Dog

My first dog I ever had as a child was a golden cocker and she had little freckles on her nose. I named her Sandy (my parents made me change her name from Mai Tai - the people who had her named her after an alcoholic beverage and me being five at the time, my parents felt I should name her something else). She was a great dog. She was by my side at all times. I loved that dog. she was a pretty calm dog, and very sweet.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88
Exactly!
(I'm so proud of myself for not sounding like I was too awfully upset at seaecho, I tried hard not to yell, but believe you and me I deffinatly was mad!)

I often ask myself why people do this, and I'm sorry, but the only answer I can come up with is they are Dumb! Stupid! A couple other words I shouldn't say/type aloud!
Brattina, I'm surprised at you! I expected more fireworks!

Oh!!! I wish you could see this! Shiva is laying upside down - on her head - curled over kind of sideways with that big butt in the air, paws waving, skin all wrinkled up on her forehead making Wookie noises to get attention. She really sounds exactly like Chewbacca! (ROFLMAO)
Old 11-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Show Dog

I know this is an old topic and I'm sorry if I shouldn't bring it up again, but I have to disagree with those ideas and discrimination against Cockers.

Blondie's very energetic, and spoiled rotten, but I think that's just because he's very smart, almost like a kid, he knows where his limits are and is always wanting to push them a little.

He doesn't like children BECAUSE he had a traumatic experience with one, but after barking and pretending he's the big dog, he gets to know the kid, and then enjoys playing and running like mad!

Most people, I guess, don't like Cockers because they are challenging, and need time, dedication and patience, like a kid! But Blondie's the most affectionate, loving dog, he's very sweet and the best part is that he's playful and always makes us smile, even while he's not feeling very well
Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Top Dog

I love cockers. They are so adorable and I agree with you, the one I had when I was younger was always by my side and she was very affectionate.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Active Pup

I think your cocker sounds wonderful and I'm happy to see that this little puppy is loved above all!!

I have only had a few experiences with cockers, my aunty used to own one, my only grimace would be that when he was a young pup he used to get very nippy and yappy when he got excited, but as with all puppies he soon grew out of that and turned into a lovely well mannerd dog.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Active Pup

hi i'm new here..i have a 3 month old english cocker named Dino and he's already become my best friend..he loves sleeping at my feet and comes when i whistle and sits when i tell him too..he's extraordinarily affectionate although he goes nuts sometimes when he hears someone mixing his food up in his bowl..i can really understand where you're coming from..cockers are some of the sweetest dogs i've ever met..and who can resist those sad, sappy, puppydog eyes??!?
and tt's such a cute photo of your pup, snookums
Old 01-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Top Dog

Welcome to the forum frenchfries! I also have a cocker spaniel and agree totally with you. I can't go anywhere in the house without Sadie attached to me somehow. They are very devoted and loyal dogs.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Felurian

Welcome, Frenchfries! My best friend has the most adorable little black Cocker she found cowering on her porch, all covered in mud and cockleburrs and malnourished. Carter has turned out to be a delight - the only real behaviour 'problem' he has is that he just hates any man in a police uniform. We figure whoever abused him before was a cop.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Top Dog

I never met a Cocker, but I have met a CKC Spaniel!! Now he was the cutest, sweetest, little dog I've seen yet! I know that some Cockers can be nasty (just like any other breed) but it depends on its trianing, socialization, and breeding.