Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Top Dog

Default Dog Beds?

I want to get a nice doggy bed for Oakley so he can have his place during the day (he will never go in his crate...only at night)

what kind of dog bed is best? And how do you determine what size to get?

i know those seem like kinda dumb questions, lol, but i was looking, and i have like NO concept of size, even when oakley was standing by the beds...(in petco)

He always lays on his side, but in his crate, cant do that...so think i would be better off getting the one with walls or just a flat one (he has one like that in his crate...)

also...should i make sure it has that cedar stuff, or is that not that important?

and...last thing...he managed to rip holes in his other...is there a better material i should look for, or ones i should stay away from?

Thanks!

Thanks Jessie!

Old 08-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Top Dog

my dogs never lay on their dog pillows..nice and fluffy, and even sowed them new fabric...they prefer the floor.id love to buy a nice fancy one, but it would be only for decoration, cus they wouldnt lay on it
Old 08-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

hahaha

silly heads...

oakley likes the floor, but would rather be in my bed better...so i figure he should get his own

Thanks Jessie!

Old 08-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreeza
hahaha

silly heads...

oakley likes the floor, but would rather be in my bed better...so i figure he should get his own
oh of course, they lay in my bed too sometimes. but dog bed is not like you're bed...believe me, i even laid on those pillows tryin to get them to lay on it. they acted like its contaminated.lol
Old 08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Top Dog

ahahah

do your dogs sleep in a crate at night? cuz oakley has a doggie pillow in there, and seems to love it...well, despite the fact that when i take it out, he would rather attempt to rip it to shreds before laying in it..and succeeded on more than one occasion, so now its missing some fluff, and is all lumpy...but sheesh, if he wants a nice bed, he cant keep ripping it! those things are expensive!

but yeah, when i put it in the kitchen, he usually wants to lay on that

Thanks Jessie!

Old 08-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Top Dog

no they sleep where ever i sleep. anywhere next to me on the floor
Old 08-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Top Dog

I have found that my dogs only like the flat ones. I've bought a few of the pillow type ones through the years and none of my dogs liked them. They don't want to have to climb up to it, I guess.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Top Dog

The dogs seem to think that dog beds are toys to rip off and the floor is the best place to sleep. Boris *never* sleeps on the couch, he just plays and rests a bit there, but will always go on the wood floor to sleep.

They're weird. I kinda want to buy something for them to sleep in at night in winter because the floor will be cold, but I'm not sure it will be any good.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Teddy has a flat one. We got it for long car rides so he has something to sleep on in the back but we never thought he would use it otherwise. but now he uses it all the time. He takes his bones on his bed to chew them or if he has a stuffed kong he will take that to his bed also lol and he moves the bed around to wherever he wants it lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19
Teddy has a flat one. We got it for long car rides so he has something to sleep on in the back but we never thought he would use it otherwise. but now he uses it all the time. He takes his bones on his bed to chew them or if he has a stuffed kong he will take that to his bed also lol and he moves the bed around to wherever he wants it lol.

haha yea, thats what oakley does sometimes...

how much bigger is your bed than Teddy? Im trying to buy one off ebay or something, cuz they go for pretty cheap, but its hard, cuz i cant see how big it is, i just have the dimensions

Thanks Jessie!