Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
BigDogs

Default Me and my dog pack

Hi, let me introduce myself. I am female, live in the rural northeastern USA, and have always had dogs of one kind or another. My boyfriend and I currently own 6 registered German Shepherds, a registered Cocker Spaniel, and I am unofficially fostering a couple of large stray mixbreed dogs which look like a St. Bernard mix and a GSD/Aussie mix and I am trying to find their owners.

I also have a goat, two sheep, a horse and a donkey, some cats, rabbits and chickens.

I haven't been too popular on some of the other boards because my opinions don't always agree with those of the other posters, I am not the quickest to post pics to make other people happy, and I post in spurts--depending upon my health or how busy I am. And if I don't feel like answering someone's questions, I don't.

My pet peeves are people who tailgate, talk radio, cyberstalkers, and political/religious discussions. My hobbies are dogs, dogs, dogs. I enjoy watching some types of movies, reading, and landscaping.

If I post an opinion, that doesn't mean that I disagree with anyone or that I desire to start an argument. I prefer that if people disagree with me and my methods, that they pm me instead of collectively attacking me on the boardsite. I appreciate good advice, valuable information, and nice people.

Have a good day and let's all get along.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Just try me..

Hi
And welcome!

Don't worry about 'getting' along. Around here we like honesty (tho we are huge fans of pics!!!) and can handle disagreements.

LOL as long as you can handle the heat you can post just about what ever you want to here!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Ummmmm...

Welcome ???

O.o
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Well, that's an interesting way to begin - start on the defensive!!

Welcome

It's ok, we all disagree here, it wouldn't be Chaz otherwise!!

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Twin 2.0

And that's what we call "laying it all out"...

Welcome to Chaz
Old 01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
BigDogs

We are off to a great start. Now the rest of the story.

My boyfriend and I breed and sell good quality GSD pups. I prefer to not answer questions about the "hobby" and if I talk about puppies or post pics, I am not advertising. We don't show or compete. I don't have a puppy mill and I do not sell dogs over the internet.

I raise rabbits for meat, I butcher them and I sometimes sell them. My dogs are my best customers.

The number of animals around here frequently changes....cats come and go, during the warmer months I also usually raise pigs and lambs and kids for meat. A couple of the GSDs are currently for sale, and I am considering raising some game birds this coming year.

And I'm a crappy photographer. I'll start with some of the older pics.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Twin 2.0

Uh, yeah, that's going to go over real well...so you don't want to talk about anything that requires backing up an assertion, answering legitimate questions or post pictures... *is confused about motives for joining*
Old 01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Uh, yeah, that's going to go over real well...so you don't want to talk about anything that requires backing up an assertion, answering legitimate questions or post pictures... *is confused about motives for joining*
exactly what I was wondering
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogs View Post
We are off to a great start. Now the rest of the story.

My boyfriend and I breed and sell good quality GSD pups. I prefer to not answer questions about the "hobby" and if I talk about puppies or post pics, I am not advertising. We don't show or compete. I don't have a puppy mill and I do not sell dogs over the internet.

If you are that confident in what you are breeding, and feel you are doing good for the breed than why wouldn't you want people to ask you questions?

If I was doing any sort of breeding I'd welcome any questions or concerns- that's part of being a good breeder.

...good luck!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
swimming upstream

um--welcome? You may want to clarify your purpose for joining the community here.