Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Rusty but Trusty

no unfortunetely I didn't tell her that because I guess this lady has really high hopes for breeding good puppies from this dog. I saw the moma dog too and she isn't all that impressive of a lab.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:07 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
no unfortunetely I didn't tell her that because I guess this lady has really high hopes for breeding good puppies from this dog. I saw the moma dog too and she isn't all that impressive of a lab.
We all think our dogs are the best things on the face of the earth. HAHAHA Silly lady.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

Please make sure the pups have a proper whelping and aren't given to your other neighbor too early !!! Maybe the three of you could help with the socialization .......Maybe 2 wrongs will make a right !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I already offered to help the neighbor when she decides to give him the puppies. I think the lady said soon after they were weaned she would give them to my neighbors (so I'm hoping 8 weeks). My neighbor asked her to wait until they were atleast 8 weeks, so we'll see what's gonna happen. I'll keep you guys posted and probably post pics when the puppies are given to my neighbors. My neighbors seem like pretty down to earth people and I think they will be very responsible when finding permanent homes for the puppies. I'm just glad our dog's off the chopping block and he isn't being accused of being their daddy anymore. I swear if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any! I think that I should make my life into a afternoon soap opera.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:45 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
I already offered to help the neighbor when she decides to give him the puppies. I think the lady said soon after they were weaned she would give them to my neighbors (so I'm hoping 8 weeks). My neighbor asked her to wait until they were atleast 8 weeks, so we'll see what's gonna happen. I'll keep you guys posted and probably post pics when the puppies are given to my neighbors. My neighbors seem like pretty down to earth people and I think they will be very responsible when finding permanent homes for the puppies. I'm just glad our dog's off the chopping block and he isn't being accused of being their daddy anymore. I swear if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any! I think that I should make my life into a afternoon soap opera.
Make sure you charge a fortune for people to tune in. They say bad luck comes in threes, so now you will have only good things come your way.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

Jee talk about irresponsible people. They let their dog in heat without supervision then complain because she got bred? come on...

God people are so stupid.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Show Dog

The nerve of this woman is hilarious. If she had kept a better eye on her Dog, it would never have gotten pregnant.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Top Dog

The pups can be weaned at around 4 weeks of age, but need to stay with their littermates until they're at least 7 weeks, preferrably 8.

Instead of the DNA test, don't you have dated proof (or you could get some) from your vet that Mac was neutered?

Bottom line: The owner of the ***** needs to be responsible for her own dog and keep it locked up when it's in heat. I wouldn't pay any attention to her threats. Call the SPCA if she dumps them at too early an age and see how she likes them coming around her door watching what kind of dog owner she is.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

I hate that how this thing thinks the word for female dog is a swear word. How silly is that?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I think the lady has calmed down...some. She has agreed to keep the puppies until 8 weeks. My neighbors must supply the puppy food and also pay for an vet bills for the puppies (shots and wormings). My neighbors said they'd gladly pay for that stuff if they stay with the mom for the 8 weeks. I think he said he already has some people who are interested in the puppies (mainly relatives) and he's working on a contract for the puppy owners to sign. He said he isn't going to charge for them though he's just gonna give them away but he still wants the new owners to sign saying if they can't keep them then they are returned to my neighbor.