Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Rusty but Trusty

ok well good news...sort of. The lady admitted that she was wrong. The dog that she saw with her dog belongs to the people that live behind us. She just saw the dog at the end of "doing the deed" with her dog and when he left she saw him laying around it our yard (which he will often times do). I brought Mack over to their house and asked if they were sure he was the dog they saw and she said he wasn't and explained what the dog looked like so I told her who the real father was. False alarm, thank god!

Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

Good Lord... sounds like a case for Judge Judy...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

porbably doesn't help the puppies one bit...come on people tell me something positive..(i don't mean you Julie) i started with Chaz because i sensed something incredibly special here.a positive aspect that is missing..told you i needed my heros .i quit watching the news because it made me feel like humanity is going to heck in a handcart..but it always seems to come down to the same thing..adults act like idiots and the babies suffer. sigh and cry for each and every one.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 08-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Quigleyfied

if she is stupid enough to believe that her [female dog] is ruined for life from one breeding with a mix, at least there's hope she won't try again.

anyone who is that ignorant about breeding should get all their dogs fixed, and pronto.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Manchesters

Default Before You Get Upset About Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
ok well good news...sort of. The lady admitted that she was wrong. The dog that she saw with her dog belongs to the people that live behind us. She just saw the dog at the end of "doing the deed" with her dog and when he left she saw him laying around it our yard (which he will often times do). I brought Mack over to their house and asked if they were sure he was the dog they saw and she said he wasn't and explained what the dog looked like so I told her who the real father was. False alarm, thank god!
PM Me and I will give you my phone number, and will consult and tell you what is what. The woman would have had to take you to court to sue you for the money etc. The burden of proof is always upon the one doing the accusing. And since different males can sire puppies in the same litter, she would have to have every puppy tested to prove that your dog was the sire.

And yes, the bull manure about a mutt litter ruining anything that is crapola. Her dog is likely crap that should never be bred anyway! Just another one of those BYB Labs.

But really do contact me. All ya gotta do is call me and let it ring 3 times.....I will see on the caller ID who it is and can call you back. I pay $25 a month and can call anywhere anytime in the US and talk as long as I wish for that $25.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Rusty but Trusty

ok, I'll pm you. I don't think she's gonna try and pin any of the puppies on mack. From what the people behind us said she came marching right over to their house with the same crap they gave me. So our neighbors told her "fine give us the puppies we'll find them homes". They said they won't give her a dime and they know plenty of relatives and friends that would want a puppy and would be responsible owners. I asked them about making contracts for the puppies and they said definetely. I've offered to help them anyway that I can but they said their no stranger to finding homes for puppies.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:33 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

now i will sleep easier..good of your neighbors....i can't bear puppies suffering..

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 08-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Top Dog

i didnt read thru all the posts, but why have a DNA test if he is fixed?????
Old 08-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
i didnt read thru all the posts, but why have a DNA test if he is fixed?????
He got fixed a month ago, so it was after the mating occured. I knew that it wasn't our dog. He's never allowed to roam and he's never escaped and we've lost site of him. He always stays in the yard if he gets loose (except for the few times that he's ran across the street ). So he never had the opportunity to "get busy" with her dog. Her dog ain't all that either it's just a lab that they got from basically a backyard breeder they paid I think the lady said $400 for her and she doesn't even have papers either.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm sure you said this to the lady already, but if not, tell her that if she is so fearful of her dog being ruined, to have it spayed after the pups are weaned. That way she can prevent this mess from every happening again!