Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default just tried to get scammed by neighbor

Ok, so today a woman came to my door steaming mad. She claimed that her dog had pups today and they were fathered by my dog Mack . Her dog is a purebreed lab and she's going off on how her dog is RUINED and she'll never be able to have a decent litter now because she mated with a mutt . I told the lady Mack was fixed and that he was never allowed to run loose but this lady INSISTED that Mack was the father of her dog's puppies. She told me that as soon as the puppies were weaned from the mother she would be dropping them off for us to deal with and find homes for. I got the woman's address and told her that me and my husband would go over tomorrow and take a look at the puppies and then discuss what we would do from there. Well just out of curiousity I drove over there today and I took a look at them and they look NOTHING like Mack. I'm guessing we'll have to get a DNA test done for the puppies, but I think this lady was hoping we would just pay her off and she'd make a quick buck on this litter of puppies she has. Why she picked us to mess with I don't know. I guess we look like we're pretty well off . There are DNA tests for dogs...right ? How much do they cost to get one done? What is the procedure do they test all the pups or just one?

Old 08-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

Yep, you can paternity test a pup. You would swab a pups check, the moms and your males. What a brat that woman is, not willing to just suck it up and admit that she made a mistake. If she knew it was Mack why didn't she come over when her female showed signs of pregnancy? Why wait till now? As for the pricing, it is expensive I believe, not super but a lot for a person like me! And as for her saying her dog was ruined and would never be able to have a good litter now, that just goes to show how ignorant she is, what the heck would that have to do with any future litters? LOL! Poor Mack and poor you. Hope it goes well!

Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
yuckaduck

I want to see how a dog with no knockers who can breed? You got a miracle dog there. She is in it for the quick buck or her dog got knocked up and she saw you had a dog that she could blame. Even if it was your dog she is responsible for her female. She should have never left her dog outside alone for the neighbourhood men to come calling on. Responsibility. Man you have sucker written on your forehead. I am sorry you have to deal with such nonsense. Yes there are DNA tests for dogs Yukon had one at anothers expense yesterday. It was a simply blood test but I think they will be able to do one pup but I really don't know. If you have them tested and it is not Macks you better make her sign a contract that she pays the bill. Otherwise you will be screwed out of that money that could be used for your own doggies. Good luck. I believe Adrienne said swab cheeks that could be too, I know with Yuck they actually took blood.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
~3 Mutts~

This woman sounds ridiculous Sorry you have to deal with this. Do you have dated proof of Mack's neuter? If you do, then there isn't a darn thing she can do Of course, I'd personally trust you and your husband much more than an ignorant like her to find those pups homes. Anyhow, best of luck.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Rusty but Trusty

she said she didn't think that she was pregnant from just that one time. I asked her why didn't she just come to our house when this first happened and she said that she didn't think she was pregnant. Her husband was the only one home when I went there later on and he was sort of confused by the story that I told him. I think he wanted to say something but he wouldn't. We do have proof of his neuter but he was neutered like a month ago. He has never been allowed to run loose though. There have been a few times that he has escaped but he never strayed away from the house and we could always see him. I should get pictures of the puppies tomorrow when and if we go and post them for you guys. Most the puppies are black but there are a few with white splotches on them.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purr
This woman sounds ridiculous Sorry you have to deal with this. Do you have dated proof of Mack's neuter? If you do, then there isn't a darn thing she can do Of course, I'd personally trust you and your husband much more than an ignorant like her to find those pups homes. Anyhow, best of luck.
True but it is not there responsiblity to find homes for them. What if they get stuck with them? They have 4 dogs now how many more do they want and need?
Old 08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
she said she didn't think that she was pregnant from just that one time. I asked her why didn't she just come to our house when this first happened and she said that she didn't think she was pregnant. Her husband was the only one home when I went there later on and he was sort of confused by the story that I told him. I think he wanted to say something but he wouldn't.
She thinks she found someone too dumb to care to argue. Good for you for standing up for yourself. You are no dumby. Smarty pants you.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

I think you might be able to sue her for that.. or whatever. To teach her a lesson.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

With Neva we did cheek swabs but blood tests are more the norm I believe.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:14 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
With Neva we did cheek swabs but blood tests are more the norm I believe.
I can't argue with you on it because I just don't know which is better only know what they did with us. LOL Darn maybe next time!