Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Active Pup

Default Chow Chow Attack

Hello all ...

i have a male chow chow dog in about 2 years old ,
untill now everything was ok , it was very frendly dog , who used to do no harm to nobody .

in the past month the dog is just starting to attack everybody with no reason , it is frendlly all the time and very active , but sometimes when some one comes neer him he just start to attack , all the time .

we live in n.y in a small house with a balcony and the dog go outside every day , he never been maid with a female before ...

does anybody can tell me whats going on here ?
is there any way to prevent the next threat ( attack ) ?

any comment will be more then welcome .

thx !
Old 08-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

First take the dog to a vet to make sure there isn't a medical reason for the attacks. Next if he is not neutered, neuter him. Third, put a muzzle on the dog when he is around anyone that he may attack, you don't want a lawsuit on your hands while you sort this problem out.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Add my echo here !!!! This is sad for you. Try to get him out among dogs and people WITH the muzzle !!! Did he go to obedience school. ??

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2005, 07:40 PM
a.k.a: agilitydobemom

Chows are nutoruious for being mean it may just be the breed

Have you socialized your dog how often when you take him out does he get to meet and greet other people and dogs, what do you normally do with him when people come over, have you done any kind of obedinence work with this dog??

It sounds like he needs to be neutered if he isn't already and that he needs alot of socialization also a check with your vet wouldn't hurt

He sends the special ones to us when we are least expecting them
Old 08-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwings811

Have you socialized your dog how often when you take him out does he get to meet and greet other people and dogs, what do you normally do with him when people come over, have you done any kind of obedinence work with this dog??

It sounds like he needs to be neutered if he isn't already and that he needs alot of socialization also a check with your vet wouldn't hurt
Not true, just media hype, they are like any dog... Please, blame the deed, not the BREED!

Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwings811

the dog goes out every day twice a day for 30 min every time .
the dog is very good with people , our house is full with poeple all the time , the dog just sit's in the corner and dosent do nothing , he wont let anybody pet him or comes neer him, he used to be very great with people , only in the last month everything starts ....

when the dog is out he is freaindly with other dog's and their owners , but nobody thouch him , i think he is to scerd ...
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Sounds to me like he may be in pain of some sort and that is why all of a sudden he doens't like being touched. Please get him to the vet soon to rule out a medical illness.

Old 08-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

He may have just started to feel he has to protect the family . And yes, i do agree with Wildwings....Chow's do need to be socialized a lot ..... depending on their breeding and up bringing.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
He may have just started to feel he has to protect the family . And yes, i do agree with Wildwings....Chow's do need to be socialized a lot ..... depending on their breeding and up bringing.
If the dog came from a BYB then yes, temperment may be in question but Chow breeders have worked exceptionaly hard at maintaing a stable temperment of this breed, it is not the norm for them to be aggressive to that degree.

Old 08-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Active Pup

what is byb meens ?
and how do i make him more friendly because we having a company all the time but he feels that is need to be on garad all the time/
what should i do
thx